Research Analyst, MLP
MLP Research Analyst
As a Barclays MLP Research Analyst, you will analyze industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the MLPs Senior Analyst. You will have the opportunity to research and forecast the impact of the MLPs/Natural Gas industry with the current trends and corporate strategies.
This role is regulated by FINRA.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Building and maintaining financial models and industry databases for evaluating companies and market segments
- Reviewing business and trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources in order to gather, synthesize and interpret data
- Preparing research reports varying in size and scope from quick briefs on earnings results or strategic events to more in-depth thought pieces on a range of topics
- Authoring written reports and communicating recommendations to sales, trading, management teams, institutional investor clients and other important stakeholders
- Developing marketing materials for clients and attend industry conferences where appropriate
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or related field with prior financial services experience
- Strong experience in business modeling, financial statement analysis and working with large data sets
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
Where will you be working?
- Energy equity research experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of covered companies strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.