Research Analyst, M&A
The Role: Research Analyst Grade
(relevant for internal applicants only) : 9 The Location: ideally located near New York, San Francisco, Boston or London; remote The Team:
451 Research's M&A analyst team provides clients with unique, proprietary valuation information to develop acquisition strategies, price acquisition targets and plan exit strategies. We lean on a combination of data from 451 Research's M&A KnowledgeBase, 451 Research's industry analysts, S&P Capital IQ and our own relationships in the tech and finance communities to provide qualitative and quantitative insight on M&A trends, deal drivers and specific acquisitions. The Impact:
451 Research's M&A analyst team provides valuation insights for our clients in a rapidly changing tech market. Team members conduct, write, and present research about deal trends, investments, and financial information as relates to the innovation economy. What's in it for you:
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only ):
- The chance to become an expert in capital markets, M&A and venture capital, while expanding your knowledge of multiple sectors of the technology ecosystem.
- Work closely with 451 Research's industry experts to develop sector-specific coverage of tech M&A trends.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $62.5k - $129.2k . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What we're looking for:
- Gather undisclosed M&A valuation metrics (deal value, revenue, EBITDA) from sources in the tech and finance communities.
- Write short-form analysis on developments in the tech M&A market.
- Work with 451 Research's industry analysts to cover the day's most impactful tech acquisitions.
- Develop forward-looking reports on M&A activity in a variety of tech categories.
- Maintain an ongoing dialogue with investment bankers, investors, CEOs, CFOs, corporate development executives and others with an interest in and knowledge of tech M&A.
- Become an expert on valuations and deal-drivers in multiple sectors of the tech economy.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- A passion to improve on already strong writing skills.
- An existing network of sources in tech and finance; or the proven ability to build such a network.
- Foundational knowledge of M&A, venture capital, private equity and US equity markets.
- An understanding of income statements, cashflow statements and balance sheets.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Capital IQ Pro.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), DTMGOP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
266801 Posted On:
Virtual, New York, United States