Reporting Management - Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 19 Oct 18
Reporting Management - Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to client's businesses and to our own.
Technology Division Management (TDM)
Division Management is a global team that serves a centralized function across the Technology organization, including functions such as: Financial and Workforce Management, Portfolio Governance, Training and College Recruitment, Space & Office Management, and People Programs
The candidate will report to the head of Portfolio, NPA and Financial Governance processes, and have responsibility for the following areas:
· Production of recurring and ad hoc presentations and reporting packs, including quality assurance and supporting automation opportunities, process improvements and revamp.
· Support policy management, setting standards, data management, reporting, stakeholder management, status.
· Drive efficient and effective processes and tools to support the PLC, governance and reporting functions.
· Collaborate in working groups in cross-divisional initiatives as a means to drive improvement.
Management Information & Reporting:
· Manage standing reporting activities, and coordinate the production of portfolio reporting to senior management.
· Develop strong understanding of the data/sources (project delivery, technology assets, resourcing, financial).
· Promote and provide support for firm tools relevant to data and reporting.
· Support ad hoc transformational efforts and initiatives to drive priorities for TDM.
Policies & Procedures:
· Collaborate with stakeholders to drive adherence with Technology standards (e.g., Project Lifecycle Management (PLC).
· Coordinate across technology divisions to support tools and reporting roadmap, including requirements definition and user acceptance testing.
The role requires the candidate to possess strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
A successful candidate will be expected to convey information in a concise and timely manner, work collaboratively and productively within the team across the Technology groups to facilitate solutioning and improvements.
· 1 -3 years' project management, reporting and/or business analyst experience, preferably in financial services. Previous management consulting experience preferred.
Understanding of project management lifecycle (PLC) and relevant methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile).
· Ability to produce documents that effectively communicate with various audiences, including senior management (i.e. creating presentation documents analyzing and proposing insights).
· Highly analytical with experience in using objective data to drive strategic recommendations.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work well independently and in a team environment, and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
· Ability to effectively partner and build relationships with stakeholders.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities.
· Ability to work under pressure and within tight delivery timeframes.
· Ability to effectively troubleshoot and perform root-cause analysis.
· Comfortable voicing opinions and making recommendations for process improvements.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
Bachelor ' s Degree and an interest in career development