Fitch Solutions' Leveraged Finance Intelligence team is seeking an ambitious Senior Reporter
to support our market-leading credit market research and editorial coverage.
The role focuses on corporate credits that are showing signs of financial distress, and the creative ways hedge funds are looking to invest in their debt, with a focus on leveraged loans. The position will require a combination of financial knowledge and data-assisted reporting skills, with the ability to network. You will work with experienced, plugged-in financial journalists and corporate lawyers to report important debt-related news across the spectrum of industries. You should be a newshound by nature, always looking for a good story. A successful candidate should have an analytical mind and a high level of attention to detail, and a track record in financial reporting.
The compensation for this position is competitive. Reporter generally works 9-6, although source development would require flexibility for meetings and industry events outside of work hours.
In addition, our journalist get all the benefits of working for Fitch Solutions, a leading financial information services company, while at the same time being immersed in LevFin Intelligence's start-up culture. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Break news on companies that are about to be downgraded, corporate restructuring developments, and secondary debt trading
- Build contacts at major hedge funds, investment banks and law firms.
- Generate intriguing ideas for further analysis by our team of lawyers
- Carve out a beat all your own.
- Identify key market trends and write in-depth topical pieces on longer deadlines
- Provide editorial support to other members of the team
- Be a team player - work towards group objectives, across functions and assist in the training and coaching of new joiners.
- Familiarity with corporate finance, publicly filed financials and tradable debt securities.
- 3 or more years' experience covering financial markets
- Proficiency with analyzing financial data
- Strong writing/editing skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under daily deadlines
- Strong grounding in credit markets
- The flexibility to carry out additional tasks as and when requested
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .