Relationship Manager - HNW
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
Relationship Manager - HNW
Fiduciary Trust Company International has been a trusted investment manager for individuals, families and foundations for more than 80 years. With world-class capabilities in investment management, trust and estate services, and custody services, we have the expertise to meet the requirements of the most sophisticated clients and their advisors, and can help assure that their families' needs will be met long into future generations.
In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment management company operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
You will be responsible for maintaining and growing your own book, while co-managing the firm's most complex relationships (largest AUM, multi-generational) with a Senior Relationship Manager. You will be responsible for managing competing priorities and will leverage other resources and expertise within the team as necessary. There will be some oversight from Senior Relationship Manager in this role, but you will work independently; it is expected that you will be the main point of contact and have primary responsibility to the client. This role provides centralized oversight of all Fiduciary Trust services, including execution and implementation of client planning recommendations, allowing for a seamless client experience. In this role, one works in conjunction with all professionals involved in the relationship, including the client's external advisors, to help achieve goals.
A.) Maintaining and growing your own book of business; (1) Growing existing book (2) Prospects & Referrals (3) Senior RM transitioning existing relationships to RM as the lead
a. You will develop and maintain private client relationships, demonstrating your knowledge of current estate, tax, and financial planning concepts as it applies to the particular client
b. This role coordinates and delivers an array of functions a family needs. These functions and services are provided to existing clients and prospective clients by fully understanding the client / family goals and objectives currently as well as in the future
c. You will be actively involved in new business prospect meetings
B.) Co-managing with Senior Relationship Manager
a. You will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the relationship, stepping in for the Senior Relationship Manager when necessary. You will have direct contact with the client (calls and emails) and will coordinate and provide guidance when necessary to colleagues (Trust Officer, Investment Team including SAG, Tax Team, Trust Counsel, etc) in order to ensure that all of the client's needs are met
b. You will provide training and guidance to more junior staff in the RM team
c. You will leverage other resources in the department when needed
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
Develop and Maintain Client Relationships (existing clients and prospective clients) While Providing Mentoring and Education
- Work with clients to identify goals and objectives, including income, transfer of wealth, etc.
- Coordinate with Portfolio Managers and other team members on measuring corresponding family risks
- Ensure that all areas of expertise within FTCI are leveraged as necessary in client relationships
- Coordinate and facilitate Family meetings, understands family dynamics and works across generations
- Facilitate long-term family education
- Interact with clients (or prospects) and independently handle all follow-up and/or ongoing deliverables
- Identify and secure opportunities for new business
- Provide Master Custody Services
- Coordinate Consolidated Reporting
- Coordinate with Portfolio Manager on Investment Performance Analysis
- Ad-hoc report requests
- Oversight of external assets or non-managed assets
- Coordinate gift and estate planning strategies with all advisors
- Provide advice for Philanthropic Planning, Implementation of Charitable Strategies
- Provide advice for Retirement Planning
- Provide Insurance reviews and partner with insurance experts to review client needs
- Day to day Administrative Tasks including correspondence, creation of presentations, special projects, etc.
- Create Lifestyle Analysis, ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Analyze Cash Flow Needs and Prepare Budget
- Prepare Balance Sheet - including outside assets Prepare and Analyze Wealth Projections
- Coordination with Tax Accountants / Consultants
- Coordinate and discuss Gifting to Individuals and Charities
- Develop strategies to maximize after tax returns
- Coordinate preparation of GRAT's, ILITs, QPRT's, CLUT's and CRUT's
- Coordinate preparation of or amendment of wills
- Coordinate creation of Revocable Trusts/Irrevocable Trusts
- Coordinate preparation of and discuss Estate Flow Charts
- Work in conjunction with Portfolio Manager and Strategic Advisory Group to coordinate on timeliness of completing matters pertaining to outside Investments, including Hedge Funds/Private Equity
- Provide Training and Guidance to more Junior Staff on the team
- Assist with ad hoc department strategic initiatives and commitments
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent training
- Min 6 - 10 years' experience in Relationship Management required, with client facing experience
- CFP preferred
- Trust Knowledge Preferred
- Tax Background Helpful
- Can manage large and complex accounts independently, with limited oversight from Senior Relationship Manager
- Willingness and desire to learn and grow within the Relationship Management model
- Strong understanding and basic knowledge of competitors
- Trust Administration background and knowledge preferred; ability to review and interpret trust language
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while balancing the needs of the client within the FTCI business objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients and build new client relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle client account information
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically as it relates to client needs and department needs
- Self-starter with the ability to be persistent in solving problems
- Ability to practice good judgment while making basic business decisions
- Effectively handle various projects and deadlines and to prioritize each task appropriately
- Leadership capabilities and qualities
- Ability to represent the Company at professional and business functions in a competent manner
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision, but seek guidance from senior managers when needed
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines
- May be required to travel to and from FTCI offices
- Travel required to various client locations
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.