- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Relationship Manager - Content Licensing Group
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Relationship Manager is responsible for selling to a selection of Moody's Analytics ("MA") prospect an Americas Region sub-territory for the Content Licensing Group ("CLG). The Sales executive must have strong 3 rd party relationships. Able to understand multiple product lines and the use within different markets. The CLG Specialist covers the licensing of all Moody's products.
The Content Licensing Sales Specialist is a sales person responsible for the overall commercial success of MA in his or her territory. Successful CLG sales specialists create their own success by displaying some or all of the following:
- Developing and executing on territory business plans
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of industry practices in credit, risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Gaining and maintaining familiarity with client organization and processes to help direct them towards the appropriate license for MA products usage.
- Generating, qualifying and converting new leads through networking and prospecting and executing sales campaigns at existing accounts.
- Identifying and translating client-based needs into compelling license solutions that create tangible benefits to our clients.
- Demonstrating the superiority and value of MA's solutions to potential and existing clients.
- Managing sales cycles using coordination and communication skills to involve sales specialists and management where appropriate. Executing strong negotiation skills and strategies to bring sales cycles to successful closure.
- Providing current sales forecasts and sales pipeline information to management on a regular basis.
- Introducing sales leads to other business units where appropriate.
- Forty percent travel to and within the territory. #LI-AZH
- Degree educated (or equivalent), preferably gained in a finance, numerical or sciences discipline.
- 7 plus years of experience working within or selling into capital markets, banking and/or insurers.
- Channel Partnership experience is required.
- Solid understanding of the financial markets as well as the market players.
- Entrepreneurial style, drive and sense of urgency, coupled with the ability to work well with others as part of a solution team.
- Strong problem-solving and influencing skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, yet integrate appropriately with sales teams and other areas within MA when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills and able to successfully manage multiple client relationships.
- Strong negotiation skills and able to influence key decision makers during the sales process.
- Highly organised and good time management skills.
- Must have the motivation and ability to excel in an intense, high energy, selling environment.
Preferred Prefer degree in a finance, numerical or sciences discipline.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.