JobDescription : Relationship Manager - Strategic Alliances The Role:
The Relationship Manager (RM) within the Strategic Alliances Team will be responsible for managing our partnerships with the redistributors of S&P Global Market Intelligence (SPGMI) essential content. The RM will be exposed to a myriad of industries and technologies spanning all segments of S&P's client base. Nurturing deep relationships with our partners, the RM will uncover the challenges and opportunities they face, and determine how SPGMI solutions can enable them to achieve value and growth. The RM candidate should have in-depth knowledge of the information technology industry and the financial services competitive landscape. Experience selling data and content via enterprise feeds/API is highly valued in this position. Location: New York, New York The Team:
The Strategic Alliance team is composed of seasoned professionals with a strong background in selling and supporting our key strategic vendors. The small yet global team has a friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We highly value creative thinking given the dynamic nature of redistribution partnerships. The Impact:
You will immerse yourself in the fast paced and constantly evolving FinTech world. You will maintain and grow our footprint with both emerging and established information technology clients. By engaging with our clients in a consultative sales role, you will take personal ownership in the growth and success of our redistribution partners. What's In It For You:
You will have the great opportunity to work with an exciting and diverse range of industries and technologies. Not only will you receive the valuable experience through your relationships with our partners, you will also be responsible for connecting an incredibly broad group of internal stakeholders that rely on our distribution network. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- You will manage an existing base of business base with the expectation to grow the base.
- You will problem solve to find creative solutions that jointly serve SPGMI and our partners.
- You will conduct regular status and strategy meetings with internal management to understand go-to-market strategies.
- You will identify upsell opportunities from existing clients and new sales leads for revenue generation.
- You will analyze clients' business needs and effectively communicate that information to SPGMI product development group.
- You will maintain awareness of market and industry trends to understand visionary environment. Participate in sales conferences and events.
- You will coach and mentor junior team members on internal systems and policies/procedures.
- You will work regularly with product business leads, legal staff and sales to creatively structure partnerships for redistribution of SPGMI content.
We're looking for an individual with previous experience in a sales or client facing role that has experience managing a book of business supporting partners/information providers or similar field. The ideal candidate identifies and resolves complex problems, handles and prioritizes high volume of inquiry both internally and externally while protecting SPGMI intellectual property. Basic Qualifications:
- 5 or more years' experience in a client facing, Relationship/Account Management Role.
- Previous Experience managing a book of business in a similar field.
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be advantageous
- Experience managing a large book of business supporting vendor relationships
- Goal and action orientated, with ability to work towards revenue/NRR targets within a business development environment
- Experience in dealing with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers etc.
- Solid organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage a senior level audience
We know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand bold and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
We are a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job. EEO Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.