- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: New York, NY, USA
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Relationship ManagerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Lead the origination and client relationship management for a portfolio of Financial Institutions Clients
• Lead and coach Assistant RMs (ARMs) working closely with product partners (when applicable)
• Focus on a range of FI banking products and services, with emphasis on those delivering NFR
• Active engagement and high level ('c' suite) contacts with senior executives within clients
• Maintain a strong working relationship with Credit, Legal and Compliance and other key stakeholders
• Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process
(i.) Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RoRWA, etc)
(ii.) Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk.
• Actively originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (eg Network, Transaction Banking, Capital Markets, etc), whilst selectively developing new relationships where required.
• Engage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients, promoting a move away from 'transactional' reactive client coverage to consistent value added partner/trusted advisor status. Anticipate clients' needs and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate.
• Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio.
• Professionally represent Standard Chartered at the highest levels within region and internationally.
• Bring strategic thought and vision as to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie.
• Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed personally and within the team.
• Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the Industries in which our clients operate
• Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
1) Close ties exist with key stakeholders eg. Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Corporate Finance Risk, Service Delivery, etc.
2) Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
3) The team is suitably trained with respect to an understanding of the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute and, where possible, influencing policy formulation
4) Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the FI team
5) All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with FI/CIB standards ie Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management
• Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary.
• Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified. Coach and manage the team in these matters and ensure they are adequately trained in and cognisant of regulatory, reputational and ethical risks
• Ensure that key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the FI teams
• Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
• Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
• Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the Mexico FI business to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Adhere to local regulator PRA/FCA prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
• Engage with product partners within the region and globally to ensure breadth and depth of client coverage and deepening.
• Consult with senior stakeholders in Risk and Legal & Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
• Senior point of contact with FI clients, acting as a trusted advisor to C-level stakeholders
• Peers in the Financial Institutions sector
• Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in FI Mexico.
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
• Multiple functions (PSDO):
ü Lead the origination and client relationship management for Central banks of Peru and Bolivia.
ü Maintain regular business contact with PSDO clients by visiting/working closely with Central American and South American PSDO clients. Manage senior conversations with the central bank & other PSDO customers and prepare account plans, where required.
ü Maintain the business portfolio risk profile within agreed parameters at all times, including effective phasing out of the exit Accounts and monitoring / reporting of customer KYC, AML, GIC etc as well as any FM specific documentation such as ISDA, GMRA etc.
Our Ideal Candidate
· Ideally 5+ years experience in relationship management
· Risk & AML management related background
· Fluency in spoken and written Spanish, as well as English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.