Regulatory Reporting Analyst
Regulatory Reporting Analyst About the Team
The Regulatory Reporting Unit files regulatory reports for Mizuho Bank, Ltd. - New York Branch, Mizuho Bank, Ltd. - Cayman Branch, Mizuho Bank ( USA), and Mizuho Bank (USA) - Nassau Branch.
Job Description Summary:
The primary responsibility of this position is to prepare assigned regulatory reports in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with US GAAP and instructions from regulatory authorities, which requires in-depth knowledge of financial accounting and regulatory reporting, as well as understanding of financial instruments and business activities in the financial service/banking industry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Successful candidates will be expected to take an ownership role in, or actively contribute to the following activities:
- Compute Risk Weighted Asset in compliance to U.S. Basel III at both BHC and legal entity level
- P repare and review monthly/quarterly/annual regulatory reports with primary focus on FR Y-15, FR Y-9C and FR Y-9LP to regulatory authorities with accurate financial information and in a timely manner, and maintain back-up supporting documents
- Reconcile reporting data and perform variance analysis for reports assigned, and understand the background of figures changed
- Responsible for investigation, documentation and resolution of issues identified in the reporting process
- Ensure that changes in the reporting instructions made by the regulatory authorities are incorporated within the reports submitted
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial/regulatory reporting requirements, as well as pertinent accounting standard changes within the regulatory reporting framework, and propose solutions as needed
- Review and maintain up-to-date internal procedures and manuals for reports assigned, or create new process manuals and document controls for new reports as necessary
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders across organization, and interact with management and various regulators for inquiries and surveys
- Accomplish routine tasks, ad-hoc assigned tasks and projects with minimum supervision
- Provide back-up support to other staff members, and train junior staff as needed
Minimum Job Requirements or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent. CPA, CFA or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in banking, capital markets and broker dealer industries
- Strong knowledge of regulatory reporting process primarily on the above mentioned regulatory reports including U.S Capital Rules and calculation of Risk Weighted Assets per U.S. Basel III Standardized Approach
- Proficient knowledge of US GAAP in financial products (e.g. loans, deposits, securities, derivatives, money market products, repos and etc.)
- MS-Excel (advanced), MS-Word (advanced), MS-Access (intermediate) and MS-PowerPoint (intermediate)
- Alteryx Designer and/or Wolters Kluwer OneSumX experience is a plus
- Detail oriented and process excellence mind set
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
#LI-Mizuho Company Overview
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.