Regulatory Relations (Japanese-English), AVP
General Department Description
The Americas Legal and Compliance Department (ALCD) is responsible for managing legal, compliance and regulatory risk. Summary
Candidate will report to the Director of the Regulatory Relations Unit. Primary responsibilities are U.S. Regulatory Relation and Japanese Law related Compliance implementation /Head Office liaison. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
U.S. Regulatory Relations
- Day to day contact with the FRBNY/NYDFS Central Point of Contacts
- Coordination of regulatory meetings
- Coordination of regulatory inquires and requests
- First Day Letter receipt/distribution/compilation
- Examination meetings/requests coordination
- Examination Report receipt/distribution
- Examination Response assignment/finalization
Head Office Compliance Management
- Japanese Compliance matters
- Liaison function with Head Office
- Head Office Reporting
- JFSA/BOJ Examination
- Presentation materials preparation
- Budget Control
- Department Management
- Internal document control
- Others Projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of related compliance or regulatory relations experience
- Prior financial services industry experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritize under pressure
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Bilingual Japanese - English
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.