At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are currently seeking a Regulatory Manager in the Regulatory Controllers group. The team is committed to provide high quality accounting and reporting functions to our business partners. As a key member of this team, you will have the opportunity to oversee various legal entities in multiple jurisdictions, work with a diverse group of teams, and drive initiatives to enhance efficiency in a fast paced environment. We'll Trust You To:
You'll need to have:
- Develop and oversee quality assurance checks and governance to ensure reporting compliance with country specific regulatory agencies without unnecessary duplication of effort and activity from resources
- Evaluate the efficiency of processes and procedures to improve them continuously; identify risks or non-conformity issues
- Assess new business initiatives, as well as document requirements for new or changing products impacting various legal entities; serve as the link between business and accounting
- Identify, review and monitor accounting and financial controls in place and make any necessary revisions or additions.
- Develop policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance
- Assist in review of Regulatory financial filings across multiple countries ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulations
- Work within the regulatory accounting group across a breadth of products (equities, options, swaps, derivatives and fixed income) to strengthen the organization and provide quality client service and exceptional support
- Liaise with CFO and business leaders ensuring current and future business strategies are in accordance with all financial rules and regulations; providing continuous risk and gap assessment
- Assist in audits with FINRA, SEC, local regulators, Internal and public auditors
- Ensure that information pertaining to financial results is developed and delivered on a timely basis; drive automation, create efficiencies and develop tools to ensure reporting capabilities are maximized
Does this sound like you?
- 10+ years public
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA strongly preferred
- Regulatory reporting experience: reporting experience in preparation of regulatory reports following the reporting requirements of the regulatory bodies
- Experience in process enhancements
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking abilities
- Strong leadership presence and negotiation skills
- Ability to voice opinions or concerns to senior management regarding regulatory matters
- The ability to lead through change management
- Exceptional written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.