Regional Deskside Manager
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Nov 17 2017-11-14
Team Overview At BlackRock, we are obsessed with Customer Success. We set the bar high and our goal is to always deliver value to our customers and exceed their expectations. The East Coast Desktop Support Manager is a key role in a service focused
At BlackRock, we are obsessed with Customer Success. We set the bar high and our goal is to always deliver value to our customers and exceed their expectations. The East Coast Desktop Support Manager is a key role in a service focused organization that places its customers, its technology and its people at the heart of its culture. This role is based in BlackRock's New York HQ, and is responsible for the deliver of BlackRock employees digital user experience.
The Regional Desktop Support Manager is a key role for the firm, and must be held by a seasoned technology leader with strong technical and customer service skills, underpinned by the drive to live and breathe the business. This role, in coordination with the Global Desktop leads, is responsible for the continued transformation of the digital user experience at BlackRock. This roles is primarily responsible to lead desktop support services provided at our Tech Bars and deskside, plus executive and specialized business support.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and mentor a team of Desktop support technicians, comprised of both full time and contractors, who provide support to our clinets in large and small office on the East Coast and in Canada
- Own the Digital User experience for our clients
- Monitor workload and ensure SLA's are continually met or exceeded
- Contribute a continuous improvement program in order to raise service level
- Act as a technical and/or customer service escalation point for the team
- Liaise with the Help Desk on a regular basis to implement process improvements and provide feedback
- Lead all projects and ensure that projects are properly resourced and manage
- Manage hardware purchasing and inventory levels
- 2-4 years of management experience, ideally with responsibility for internal and external customer service, of a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience in leading and managing individual contributors and managers
- Obsessed with customer service.
- Focus on innovation.
- Inspirational leadership skills to engage and motivate staff and drive high performance.
- High energy level and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to present complex ideas in clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical groups; strong presentation skills necessary to inform and influence a wide range of audiences.
- Self-motivated to take ownership and deliver results.
- Financial services industry experience is a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.