- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Feb 18
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Moody's Global Talent Acquisition department supports over 10,000 colleagues globally. The team is aligned into 3 regions (US/Americas, EMEA, APAC) and is focused on attracting, engaging and acquiring diverse high quality talent for Moody's.
As a Generalist Recruiter you will serve as the primary recruiter supporting all internal recruiting, contractor conversions and immigration recruiting activities and work with hiring managers across Moody's. You may also be involved in providing full lifecycle recruitment service for positions involving external hiring.
Your essential responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrating understanding of job requirements to assess candidate quality, skills and fit to identify the best candidate for a position
- Reviewing resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements
- Interviewing all candidates presented for hiring manager interviews and including the use of behavioral-based interviewing methodologies
- Managing the selection, offer, negotiation, closing and administrative components
- Advising on relevant changes to employment laws that impact recruitment and be aware of confidentiality issues as they arise
- Be knowledgeable about and able to appropriately explain Moody's benefits and recruitment related policies and programs
- Advising hiring managers on appropriate recruitment methods and salary ranges
- Attracting and recruiting the highest calibre candidates in a cost effective and time efficient manner
- Providing full life-cycle recruiting on assigned positions, including the HR-related on-boarding of new employees
- Utilizing various tools and resources to effectively evaluate talent in a variety of methods in order to ensure that the company is selecting highly qualified and engaged professionals to join the organization
- Partner with the technology sourcing specialist in the development of effective sourcing strategies and channels to identify quality talent
- Strengthen existing and identify new sources of hires and develop relationships with external top performers who can positively impact business outcomes in the future.
- Demonstrate labor market expertise for the markets in which you recruit
Recruiting Strategy & Marketing
- Recommending and communicating recruiting strategies, including sourcing and acquisition strategies; recruiting tools and processes; talent mapping and systems.
- Implementing external candidate marketing and proactive recruiting programs and processes that attract, select and retain a qualified, diverse workforce.
- Partnering with Diversity and Inclusion to achieve Moody's aspirational diversity goals including support of campus recruiting and summer internship programs.
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with employment sources, such as colleges/universities, employment agencies, search firms, trade associations, etc.
- Creating and fostering relationships with colleges and diverse professional organizations to attract and recruit alumni and diversity candidates)
- Gathering analyzing competitive industry information regarding salary, benefits and employment practices and advise management appropriately
- Demonstrating understanding of the organization's business models, operations, financial goals, competitive position and talent strategy
- Building strong two-way relationships with hiring managers, provide support throughout the recruitment lifecycle, assist hiring managers with reconciling between ideal and practical staffing needs and ensure high-level service delivery
- Working in collaboration with other groups to support an effective and efficient recruiting processes, employment branding and leverage social media to attract the best talent
- Maintaining accurate and up to date recruiting data in Kenexa.
- Proactively researching and investigating trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices
Human Resources/Talent Acquisition
- Undergraduate degree level education required. Graduate degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 + years of recruitment experience
- Experience working as a Recruiter in either an agency or in-house environment
- Experience within the financial services advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and influence hiring managers
- Handling volume recruitment and multiple priorities
- Providing lawful and appropriate first line advice to the business line
- Excellent knowledge of current trends and practices relating to talent acquisition, including best practices in social media usage
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Takes initiative, works pro-actively, ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Good oral and written communication skills - articulate and numerate
- Microsoft Office, including intermediate Excel
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) essential, Kenexa 2xBrassring, advantageous, along with other specialist recruitment software (eg. Avature), LinkedIn Recruiter, Talent Neuron and / or others)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.