Real Estate Transaction Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 18 Apr 19
Real Estate Transaction Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Corporate Services provides best-in-class commercial services for the Firm and our employees to enable productivity, efficiency and an enhanced employee experience. We deliver standardized services which can be scaled globally and delivered locally. We have over 5,000 staff managing a multi-billion dollar scope of services including Real Estate and Location Strategy; Real Estate Portfolio and Transaction Management; Property Management; Corporate Travel; Corporate Security & Investigations; Corporate Information Management; Regional Client Services; and Office of the COO.
The Americas regional real estate transaction team, part of the Real Estate Portfolio and Transaction Management function is a group of 16, a mix of highly skilled employees partnered with talented outsourced service providers from a top real estate brokerage and consulting firm. The team is responsible planning, analyzing, driving and negotiating real estate transactions on behalf of the firm. Partnering with internal and external project managers, engineers, strategists, workplace experts, financial analysts, lawyers and brokers, we are responsible for the development and execution of cost effective real estate transactions that help our clients to succeed.
· Monitor critical dates for each property in assigned portfolio (southeast region of the United States), ensuring strategy for action required at critical date is developed in line with lease terms and market conditions.
· Perform on-going review of portfolio through market research and intelligence gathering to identify non-date related opportunities related to portfolio.
· Work with strategy team and outsourced brokerage support to ensure options identified or actions required by a critical date are developed and properly socialized and that resulting client requirements are understood prior to engagement with landlords.
· Manage transaction throughout lifecycle and on proper timeline.
· Work with other Corporate Services teams, the Morgan Stanley legal team, the Financial Control Group, and outside brokers to ensure that a robust process is followed to drive best outcome for both acquisitions and dispositions.
· Ensure that all documentation meets required standards.
· Ensure proper approvals are in place prior to execution,
· Manage all Corporate Services interaction with outside landlords and brokers, act as primary point of contact for all lease or market related issues, including enforcement of lease rights, for the assigned region/portfolio of properties.
· Work closely with Lease Administration team on a cyclical basis to ensure that deal terms, including latest payment and/or collection terms are correctly reflected in firm records.
Skills required (essential)
· A passion for what you do,
· A thorough knowledge of commercial real estate lease terms, Strong negotiating skills.
· A bachelor's degree in business, real estate or related field, or related experience.
· Six to ten years of experience in real estate with an extensive office lease negotiation experience,
· Ability to utilize and interpret financial and accounting information and to work with financial data and models.
· A general understanding of construction/project management, property management and engineering practices and requirements as they translate into lease terms
· Effective written and verbal communication skills and client service skills.
· Strong planning, organization, and time management skills.
· Ability to plan and drive a process to completion on or ahead of a set schedule
· Ability to be creative in thinking and flexible in approach to problem solving.
· Collaborative work style,
· An ability to develop a big picture view: seeing a transaction within the context of a larger portfolio or strategy,
· Experience with clients in the financial services/wealth management industry,
· Understanding of benchmarks and portfolio metrics.
· Ability to work with data, identifying meaningful information for use in reporting and deal development,
· Flexibility to travel (limited travel is required)
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.