Real Estate Project Manager, Associate-Sr.Associate - Corporate Group
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed. What we do Group Overview:
The Corporate Group is dedicated to being a trusted, strategic business partner to clients Bankwide. The Group delivers a broad range of innovative, impactful solutions that foster the Bank's ability to meet its mission. The Corporate Group is aligned across its functions to provide superior services and value-added resource and financial management that seamlessly support our clients' and the Bank's objectives. Function Overview:
Managing the FRBNY’s real estate portfolio, Corporate Group Real Estate is dedicated to providing Bank employees with a safe, effective and efficient work environment in both normal and contingent situations. We strive to act as our clients’ valued partner by balancing the Bank’s unique institutional demands with an industry and commercially oriented operating philosophy. Our services encompass three core areas: Property Management, Lease Management and Real Estate (RE) Strategy, Analytics & Project Management In your role as
Real Estate Project Associate - Senior Associate you will be responsible for l eading a team of vendors, facilities engineers and/or designers in major construction and modernization projects; interfaces with clients, consultants and contractors and applies project management, architectural and engineering principles and methods in the execution, coordination and implementation of such projects throughout Bank-owned buildings and leased space; provides leadership, technical support and first responder capability in contingency situations. Position requires splitting time at Bank facilities in New York City and East Rutherford, New Jersey. Responsibilities:
- Leads a project team with direct responsibility from project inception through project closeout for coordinating various aspects of large and small construction projects including planning and programming, project delivery ways and means, the procurement of professional services, review of contracts, drawings, schedules, construction documents, specifications and agreements submitted by contractors, consulting engineers and architects, estimating and tracking costs, and assessing team performance.
- Coordinates and reviews the project scope with Property Management personnel throughout the process, with a focus on providing an early awareness of upcoming modifications to the building.
- Manages procurement of professional services required for the project, including but not limited to construction management and architectural/engineering services. Oversees delivery of these services in accordance with the contract requirements to assure timely and within budget completion of the project.
- Reviews all construction documents, coordinating necessary reviews with Bank staff and all regulatory authorities.
- Prepares design criteria for the project. Oversees preparation, by the Construction Manager and the Architect, of the bid packages. Oversees the bid evaluation.
- Participates in the selection of consultants and contractors. Develops and approves sub-contractor bid lists and reviews Construction Manager’s recommendations with regard to sub-contract awards.
- Coordinates all project related internal services, such as information technology, telecommunication, Real Estate Design, Property Management, Internal Law Enforcement, Communications, Business Continuity Office (“BCO”), Purchasing, move crews, etc.
- Establishes and adheres to quality controls for construction projects, including code compliance, and plans and controls production schedules. When required, interfaces and coordinates with governmental authorities, landlords, and managing agents. Oversees testing and commissioning of all new construction, systems and equipment.
- Ensures that all external design consultants produce thorough and accurate construction documents as well as maintains all established standards in delivery of professional services and oversees proper submission of final as-built drawings, warranties, operating manuals, and training of Bank personnel.
- Performs on-site inspections of each phase of construction projects to ensure compliance with contract terms. Reviews and approves all invoices and change requests- In consultation with Real Estate clients, project team and clients, and conducts studies and prepares related reports for all aspects of construction and alteration projects.
- Assures proper coordination between all professional consultants. Manages costs and enforces contract terms.
- Assists with resolution of disputes between consultants and contractors.
- Prepares written and oral project status updates and presentations for management and clients of Real Estate as required.
- Assists in the development of strategic capital improvement plans, benchmarking Real Estate procedures, standards and practices against those of real estate, design and construction industries and evaluates new technologies for possible uses by the Bank. Identifies vendors for consideration by the Bank.
- Coordinates with Finance Management areas regarding strategic direction, budget management and timely project accounting and reconciliation for all major project activity.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of monthly departmental and divisional capital and expense budgets as well as expense budgets for leased facilities, maintains an accounting-by-project system.
- In consultation with the Finance Management area, prepares project documentation and reports for the Bank’s Strategic Planning Office, other internal governing groups and Board of Governors review. Updates clients and intra-Bank agencies on project progress and prepares post-implementation documents.
- Performs other engineering or architectural studies, as required.
- Fosters and promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion
What we are looking for:
- Thorough understanding of building operations and construction processes associated with all Bank properties including all architectural, air conditioning, information technology, electrical, refrigeration, heating and plumbing systems.
- Thorough understanding of local building codes, Federal guidelines and building operations methods.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong automation skills including Microsoft Office programs. CAD programming experience, a plus.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and prepare financial and non-financial reports.
- Knowledge of industry labor practices; a strong understanding of budgeting practices and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- 7 plus years of comparable project management experience
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. Why the Fed:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Architecture and 7 years advanced training and experience in facilities engineering or the equivalent work experience; will ideally have or will pursue professional licensing certification (PE/RA, PMP, LEED).
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA. https://www.newyorkfed.org/aboutthefed/diversity.html here to learn more.