Real Estate Project Management, Officer-AVP - Corporate Group
What we do Group Overview:
The Corporate Group is dedicated to being a trusted, strategic business partner to clients Bank wide. The Group delivers a broad range of innovative, impactful solutions that foster the Bank's ability to meet its mission. The Corporate Group is aligned across its functions to provide superior services and value-added resource and financial management that seamlessly support our clients' and the Bank's objectives. Function Overview:
Real Estate meets the business needs of the FRBNY by efficiently managing all aspects of the real estate portfolio. Its mission is to deliver customized, innovative workplace solutions for a diverse group of FRBNY employees and executives, and be strategically positioned to provide dynamic real estate and business services. The goals and objectives of the Real Estate Function are to effectively maximize usage and efficiency of space across the real estate portfolio, evaluate occupancy and allocations; develop a target occupancy level, verify alignment of business units within building locations, enhance functionality of the built environment by integrating people, place, process and technology, maintain the workplace strategy to align and support FRBNY and business level strategic plans and core objectives as well as manage the Capital Management operations.
The responsibilities of the Real Estate Capital Management area include planning, scheduling and managing internal construction projects from conception to completion while acting as the owner’s representative. In addition, Capital Management is responsible for providing architectural and engineering expertise in support of these projects, to support reactive and planned maintenance work by Real Estate Property Management as well as supporting real estate needs during contingency events. Your role as
Officer of Real Estate Project Management & Controls is to manage the development of Capital Management’s capital and operating expense budgets. Review departmental capital and operating expense budget submissions and provide counsel to the SVP/VP of Real Estate, as it relates to budget
assumptions and performance. In addition, provide leadership and expertise to the broad functional areas of the Real Estate Function.
Build relationships and maintain effective communication and coordination between the Real Estate departments, other FRBNY departments, other Reserve Banks, the Board of Governors, vendors, industry groups, and/or other external customers while ensuring the interests of the client, Function, district, and System are served. Responsibilities:
- Manage the development of Capital Management’s capital and operating expense budgets. Review departmental capital and operating expense budget submissions and provide counsel to the SVP/VP of Real Estate, as it relates to budget assumptions and performance. In addition, provide leadership and expertise to the broad functional areas of the Real Estate Function.
- Provide leadership to the Capital Management team as well as provide support to all FRBNY Business lines as required to successfully support all facilities related capital planning initiatives and other efforts as requested.
- Work as a liaison and communicator between business leaders, stakeholders, end users, capital planning, and engineering teams to ensure that all planning and moves are performed in a timely and high quality manner within the specified budgets.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all key stakeholders within the FRBNY real estate portfolio for all core and support business lines and leadership teams to ensure that all capital planning goals are met in a timely manner to support the business units’ defined strategies and objectives.
- Provide proactive client relationship management to deliver solutions that resonate and align with client needs and the mission of the FRBNY.
- Supervise and perform all aspects of construction related project contract administration including owner contracts, vendors, change orders, project start-up, and closeout.
- Supervise, develop and manage a team of project managers.
- Manage relationships with clients architects, construction vendors, etc. and acts as the owner’s representative.
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Supervise, develop, and manage staff and managers; provide leadership to a team of Real Estate Project Management Professionals.
- Responsible for maintaining vendor relationships including Architects, Engineers, Construction Managers, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with RBOPS staff, system peers, and others as required to enhance and advance the Real Estate agenda.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Science, Architecture or related field.
• Advanced skills and/or degree in Architecture, Engineering, Finance or Business with subject matter expertise in project and program management, financial analysis and analytics.
• 10 years with 2 years management responsibility.
• Project Management certification a plus.
• Overtime and travel required occasionally. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.