This truly outstanding multi-strategy Hedge Fund manages nearly $50 billion across a range of Credit and Real Estate strategies for its institutional & private clients. Reporting to Head of Real Estate Private Equity, they seek to recruit a talented analyst for their PE real estate and net lease funds, and to also be involved in performance reporting and marketing. Your analysis will support the Deal Team in investment decision making and add great value to their client service processes for both current and prospective investors.
Deal analysis, Waterfall calcs, Performance attribution, Excel, DCF/Enterprise New York
- Work with investment teams on deal-level valuations & projections, including key drivers of investment performance
- Model deal-specific waterfall calculations for the Fund and its Operating Partner
- Aggregate deal-level projected economics to compute fund and portfolio level estimated returns
- Model fund-level waterfall, including the LP preferred return and GP catch-up/incentive fee provisions
- Report the fund-level returns to management for sign-off and to marketing for investor materials
- Maintain a database of historical & projected deal specific information, including leasing statistics, tenant information, capital budgets, performance & debt metrics/data points, etc.
- Derive insights using the data warehouse across portfolio subsets (e.g., property type, region, etc.)
- Research trends & patterns in the portfolio for predictive insights
- Prepare materials for advisory board & investor conference presentations
- 2-4 years in a major public accounting firm and/or a combination of accounting, real estate valuations and PE real estate fund experience
- Good modeling experience essential
- Highly organized and able to thrive in fast-paced investment environment
- Strong communicator able happy liaising with Investment and Finance teams.
- Very strong Excel skills
- Argus DCF/Enterprise is a plus
- Good degree from a leading university