Real Estate Fund/Portfolio Management Analyst
Morgan Stanley Investment Management, together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 1,184 investment professionals around the world and $1.4Tn in assets under management or supervision as of March 31, 2021. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing ("MSREI") is the global private real estate investment management arm of Morgan Stanley. One of the most active property investors in the world for over two decades, MSREI employs a patient, disciplined approach through global opportunistic and regional core real estate investment strategies. With offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia, regional teams of dedicated real estate professionals combine a unique global perspective with local presence and significant transaction execution expertise. As of March 31, 2021, MSREI manages $46 billion of gross real estate assets worldwide on behalf of its clients.
As a member of the Fund Portfolio Management team, the individual will play an integral role in the overall finance, reporting and operations for the North Haven Real Estate funds. The team is the key central point of oversight and contact with a focus on analytical activities and risk management, liaising with the organization's investment teams, as well as internal legal, tax, risk, compliance and control functions, and overseeing the third party administrators and vendors. The role will also support strategic business initiatives, and fund-raising efforts.
North Haven Real Estate Funds are closed-end private equity funds that acquire real estate and real estate-related assets. Its portfolios comprise all major asset classes and include equity investments in single assets, portfolios and real estate operating companies. Our current active funds comprise global opportunistic strategy with exposure across Asia, Europe and the Americas, with $7.2 billion of global real estate assets under management across the series as of March 31, 2021.
• Prepare/coordinate fund-level quarterly reports
• Review/analyze fund-level financials and investor-level partner capital statements prepared by the fund administrator
• Review/analyze management fees calculations
• Review/analyze carried interest calculations
• Prepare/coordinate annual Investor and bi-annual Advisory Committee materials
• Prepare materials for quarterly internal working group meetings
• Prepare response to routine and ad-hoc investor requests
• Responsible for updating weekly/quarterly fund-level liquidity model
• Monitor liquidity availability, timing of investor capital calls/distributions, need for credit facility borrowings/repayments
• Coordination of quarterly valuation process and review of Valuation Committee materials
• Compile/collate portfolio metrics on a quarterly basis
• Prepare response to portfolio related inquiries
Investor due diligence:
• Coordinate with marketing and COO team on ad hoc investor information requests / due diligence requests / questionnaires as part of the fundraising efforts across the platform Qualifications:
• BA/BS required
• 2+ years of experience in financial analysis, fund control or fund administration type of position
• Strong analytical and financial skills, accounting background a plus
• Strong working knowledge of cash flow modeling
• Strong communication skills
• Strong capabilities in Excel and Powerpoint
• Committed to delivering the highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
• Ability to work under tight deadlines