Real Estate Financing Strats - IBD
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Investment Banking
The Investment Banking Division (IBD) works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world GOLDMAN SACHS ENGINEERING CULTURE
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets
Engineering is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here! RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Key Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and maintain securitization models used to price commercial real estate loans and CMBS deals, and evolve the pricing models as market dynamics change
- Assist real estate capital markets, originators, and credit team on loan origination and securitization activities
- Develop and integrate system and web application for Real Estate Financing Group to track pipeline, manage loan positions, calculate risk and P&L.
- Create business report to facilitate data-driven decisions, re-engineer away deals for market insight, and provide analytical support to the real estate financing group
- Work closely with various stakeholders in IBD division: Market Risk, MRM, Controllers, Operations, etc., to facilitate the real estate business
- Understand the credit rating methodology and criteria from rating agencies
- Understand the Return on Attributed Equity (ROAE) modelling framework used for business selection
- Strong academic background in a relevant STEM field - Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- Expertise in aspects of quantitative analysis related to finance, e.g. statistics, stochastic calculus, econometrics, financial modeling
- Solid background in computer programming, Python, C++, Java, Matlab or equivalent language, preferably in financial or technical computations
- Excellent communication skills, experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working in a global team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 3+ years of quantitative modeling and development experience
- 1+ years of working experiences in securitization and credit origination business
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity