S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Real Estate Research Analyst The Team:
You will join a dynamic research team to help foster our goal of providing data-focused coverage of the real estate sector. The real estate analyst will support our broader FIG research offering which complements our larger suite of Market Intelligence FIG data, analytics, and insights.
The team is composed of experienced professionals within the Financial Institutions sector. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value teamwork and it is crucial that you are a team player to be successful within our organization. The Impact:
As a real estate analyst, you collaborate with our FIG lead analysts and the FIG and real estate news teams to help shape our coverage strategy. Working with larger FIG research team, you will analyze sector performance data, identify changing market dynamics, and produce written analytical work.
You will participate in webinars, client meetings and other public facing engagements to help deliver our research findings. You will build and engage a network of industry contacts to inform your research. You will represent the larger S&P global brand and be an ambassador for the insights we bring the sector.
S&P Global has a rich company coverage database that is constantly evolving based on new regulation and disclosures. As a research team member, you will also have the opportunity to help guide our plans for future data collection needs, to keep the coverage relevant to a dynamic industry. What's in it for you:
- As a researcher and industry expert you will be building a personal brand, not only authoring research content but also delivering it in public forums.
- You will be networking and building industry contacts, representing yourself and the larger FIG research team.
- This is a great opportunity to utilize your previous background in the real estate industry conducting financial and strategic analysis.
- This role requires the capability to synthesize information, anticipate market movement from current and past trends, and draw actionable conclusions and market intelligence.
What We're Looking For:
- You will cover breaking news or trend analysis using S&P-collected and third-party data
- Collaborating with other members of both News and Research teams on data-focused coverage
- Articulating key financial and market trends; Collating data and writing data-focused articles and reports on assigned regions falls under the preview of this job
- Fact-checking data for articles and in-depth research articles
- Collaborating with various SPGMI teams on ad-hoc projects
- Participate in webinars, client meetings and other public facing engagements to help deliver our research findings.
- Experience working as an Analyst in real estate research, or a similar role providing deep expertise in the real estate sector
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Journalism, or related disciplines
- Possess strong analytical and writing background, with the confidence to digest large amounts of information into concise analysis
- Have exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including experience with phone and in-person interviews, and presenting research and analysis to C-level audiences
- MS office / Excel use, and experience in developing models and forecasts for banking sector
- Fluency in English.
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. Flexible Working (optional)
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Grade/Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
Charlottesville, VA; Virtual Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $ 59,800 to $ 124,000 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Market Intelligence
partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
282798 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States