Real Estate - Legal & Compliance, Registered Funds/Capital Markets Attorney, Assistant Vice President (148A)
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $554 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone's real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $157 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is one of the largest property owners in the world, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily and single family housing, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone's Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate globally through regional open-ended funds focused on high-quality assets, and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT that invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT). Job Description:
The Real Estate Legal & Compliance department seeks a registered funds or capital markets attorney to join a team of lawyers serving as the chief legal office for several public vehicles managed by Blackstone Real Estate. Specifically, the candidate will provide advice on a wide range of legal, business and corporate issues, including SEC, FINRA, state and international securities laws and other rules and filings. Blackstone is seeking an attorney with experience in securities law and corporate governance-related matters, with an understanding of the '33 and '34 Acts, the Investment Company Act and the Investment Advisers Act and other SEC rules. Experience with private placements is a plus. Responsibilities:
Primary job responsibilities will include:
• Working collaboratively and productively with lawyers and business professionals within Blackstone and externally to achieve successful outcomes;
• Managing and executing public company activity, such as public offerings and continuous disclosure filings;
• Managing and executing communications with multiple boards of directors and the organization of quarterly and ad hoc meetings, including review of minutes, resolutions and presentations;
• Preparing and reviewing agreements, investor-related documentation, marketing materials and other legal documents;
• Supervising and managing external counsel;
• Providing practical, business-oriented legal advice in relation to the companies' corporate governance and operations, all while taking into account the implications of decisions on a large and complex business;
• Building consensus around nuanced projects;
• Developing and implementing legal policies, processes and standards, including risk management strategies, corporate policies and compliance programs;
• Staying abreast of current applicable legal developments and communicating these updates to non-legal personnel; and
• Assisting with special projects, including the organization of work streams and related processes. Qualifications:
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. Qualifications include:
• Fourth-fifth year registered funds or capital markets attorney at a national law firm; and
• Strong academic credentials.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.