Real Estate - Finance BREDS, Associate (140A)
Job Description: Real Estate - Finance BREDS, Associate Employer: Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $545 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone . Business Unit:
Real Estate Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone's real estate business was founded in 1991 and has approximately $154 billion in investor capital under management. Blackstone's real estate portfolio includes hotel, office, retail, industrial and residential properties in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America. Blackstone real estate also operates one of the leading real estate finance platforms, including management of the publicly traded Blackstone Mortgage Trust. Job Title:
Real Estate Debt Strategies (BREDS), Associate Job Description:
In this role, the Associate will be an integral member of the BXMT Finance team. The focus of the team is to produce reporting of BXMT's financial results for stockholders and senior management, and perform analyses to drive strategic business decisions. Responsibilities will also include addressing a variety of management reporting and analytics, efficiency/technology initiatives, and operational support for the broader BXMT team. The Associate will have exposure to members of the real estate debt strategies group, including investment team, capital markets, asset management, and legal/compliance.
- Produce presentations and analysis for BXMT's management team
- Assist with public company reporting production (e.g. Board materials and SEC reporting)
- Provide support for public securities offerings and financing transactions
- Execute ad hoc projects, and generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for investors and management team
- Coordinate with the investment team, asset management, and operations team to understand the latest performance and composition of BXMT's business and loan portfolio
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. The successful candidate must have:
- BS (or above) in Finance, Accounting, or Economics with a strong GPA
- Four to six years of professional experience
- Prior work experience in real estate finance, banking/capital markets, and/or financial reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, particularly using Excel; comfort working with large data sets and the ability to identify data inconsistencies and patterns
- Ability to produce creative, compelling, detailed materials; strong proficiency in PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and execute a wide range of assignments; strong time management skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.