Real Estate - BREP Finance Valuations, Associate/AVP (139A)
Job Description: Employer: Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $545 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone . Business Unit:
Real Estate Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone's real estate business was founded in 1991 and has approximately $154 billion in investor capital under management. Blackstone's real estate portfolio includes hotel, office, retail, industrial and residential properties in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America. Blackstone real estate also operates one of the leading real estate finance platforms, including management of the publicly traded Blackstone Mortgage Trust. Job Title:
Real Estate Finance - Director Job Description:
The Real Estate ("RE") Finance Valuations Group performs analyses and financial reporting of RE results and strategic business initiatives.
- Manage quarterly valuation process for Blackstone's opportunistic real estate funds, which includes global investments across multiple sectors, including Multifamily, Single Family, Hospitality, Office, Retail and Industrial
- Manage the production of valuation materials across regional teams in accordance with Blackstone's quarterly valuation process
- Engage directly with Asset Management in preparing quarterly valuations, which includes financial modeling and valuation analysis
- Review / calculate fund level key performance metrics (i.e. IRRs)
- Drive valuation automation projects and assist in enhancing the group's reporting processes, procedures and analytics
- Review / prepare presentations and memorandums for senior management
- Aid in the preparation of RE strategic plans and business analysis
- Support Blackstone corporate finance and investor relations teams during the quarterly earnings process as well as on an ad hoc basis in dealing with clients and investors
- Involvement with Blackstone SEC financial reporting - preparing and reviewing deliverables for quarterly filings
- Perform ad hoc analyses to assess the impact of material market events on the portfolio (e.g. IPOs, regulatory changes, BREXIT, etc.).
- Managing and mentoring junior staff
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics with strong GPA
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Experience with real estate fund finance, valuations and performance reporting
- Strong leader with solid business judgment
- Ability to partner across teams, summarize issues, develop recommendations, and make decisions
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and detail-oriented
- Strong proficiency with financial modeling in excel
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment while handling multiple projects
- Possesses a strong work ethic, personal and professional integrity, a positive attitude and genuine passion for excellence
- Highly organized
- Strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.