Real Estate - BREDS, Capital Markets, Associate
Job Description: Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $545 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone's real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $154 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is one of the largest property owners in the world, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily and single family housing, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone's Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate globally through regional open-ended funds focused on high-quality assets, and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT that invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT). Job Title:
Associate - BREDS Capital Markets Job Description and Responsibility:
Blackstone Real Estate Debt Strategies ("BREDS") was formed in 2009 and has since grown to over $19 billion in investor capital under management across its three platforms: drawdown funds, liquids funds, and BXMT, our market-leading commercial mortgage REIT. BXMT is a $4.8bn market capitalization publicly traded company focused on senior mortgage loans, externally managed by the BREDS platform. This position offers a unique opportunity to participate in the management and strategy of a large public company, within the premier Blackstone real estate platform, and will involve working closely with the CEO, CFO and management team of the REIT.
• Assisting in the underwriting, structuring, negotiation, and closing of creative financing solutions including repurchase facilities, loan syndications, and securitizations
• Supporting corporate-level capital markets transaction activity, including common stock offerings and debt issuances
• Analyzing and modeling new strategic initiatives and business development opportunities for the BREDS business
• Performing diligence, valuations and building models to analyze M&A opportunities
• Preparing presentations to analyze financial strategies and business performance
• Managing business risks through executing interest rate swaps, foreign currency forwards and caps transactions
• Helping develop and manage client and banking relationships
• Facilitating the sourcing, evaluation and execution of loan purchases and other structured investments Qualifications:
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have strong communication skills, a demonstrated ability to write effectively, and a desire to work in a team environment, often under pressure. A solid knowledge of business strategy, finance and accounting is desirable.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as on a team
• Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines
• Self-starter, highly organized, and detail oriented
• Ability to work in a fast-paced professional environment and juggle multiple projects
• Strong analytical aptitude and strategic problem solving skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial modeling
• Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university
• 3 to 5 years of real estate investment, private equity investment banking and/or sales and trading experience including demonstrated acquisition, development and/or financing transaction experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.