Real Estate - Acquisitions VP
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
The Investment Management Vice President will be part the Private Equity Real Estate business. Investment management professionals are responsible for acquisition, asset management, financing and disposition activities. This individual will have a primary focus on acquisitions and dispositions along the US east coast
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Investment Management Vice President will be part the Private Equity Real Estate business. Investment management professionals are responsible for acquisition, asset management, financing and disposition activities. This individual will have a primary focus on acquisitions and dispositions along the US east coast from Washington, DC, through New York City to Boston. Specific responsibilities will include the following:
* Source transactions in targeted markets
* Lead the underwriting process for potential real estate acquisitions by: 1) producing detailed pro forma cash flow and investment return models using ARGUS and Microsoft Excel; 2) researching markets and submarkets; 3) analyzing both macro and micro trends as it relates to specific asset classes; and 4) generating associated quantitative and qualitative analyses
* Lead the due diligence and closing processes
* Lead / support team during the disposition process
* Prepare investment memoranda and supporting materials for investment committee review
* Responsible for maintaining acquisition, disposition and on-going property operation information in BlackRock proprietary applications for assigned deals
* Lead / assist in the preparation of materials utilized in asset-level business / strategic planning, leasing / marketing initiatives, budgeting, hold / sell analyses, property valuations, and financing / refinancing efforts
* Travel may be required, as needed
* Participate in special projects, as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
* Track record of high academic achievement. Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, real estate finance, or related disciplines preferred. MBA or Master’s degree in real estate is preferred, but not required.
* 6-8 years of previous experience in real estate principal investing, asset management, financing, development and/or investment banking
* Must be proficient and have demonstrated experience working in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
* Knowledge of ARGUS is required.
* Ideal candidate will have a combination of strong written / verbal communication skills and a demonstrated attention to detail
* Must be able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and have the willingness to take on additional responsibility
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.