Ratings Technology Opportunity
Within S&P Global Ratings Technology, we are growing and expanding with new opportunities. Those roles include application development, data and quality engineering, product management, IT operations and SRE engineering. Ratings Technology (RT) teams build leading edge products that address the needs of the financial services industry. These products produce some of the most essential tools and information that shape the global economy. Being a part of the team is a unique opportunity to not only work on technology that makes meaning, but continually transform an organization that must lead from the front.
The solutions we build leverage cloud technology, DevOps systems, big data solutions, advanced analytics and AIML, advanced workflow solutions and customer portals for our Ratings clients. RT teams cover products across financial asset classes and drive continuous improvements through product innovation and usability. As a member within RT, you will play a key role in the successful buildout of new product initiatives and support for our offerings to our end users.
If you are a passionate technologist with a demonstrable track record of successful delivery with many of the skills below, we encourage you to share your information through the link here. We are excited to learn more about your background!
- Deliver business value through application development, enhancements and innovation.
- Evaluate, assess, plan, and guide technical direction and architecture decisions.
- Be a self-starter who is also an excellent team player in a passionate team-oriented culture.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical internal and external clients and other stakeholders.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, results-oriented, and able to demonstrate successful delivery in highly dynamic environments.
- Develop a thorough understanding of diverse products and can share that knowledge with others.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment which includes control frameworks, risk assessment and regulatory obligations.
- Have a holistic view on data management lifecycle milestones to ensure consistency across various source and target systems.
- Helps with troubleshooting issues, support requests, and requests for change.
- Can guide development teams through the process of design, developing, and unit testing while leveraging DevOps systems including CI/CD/CT pipelines and Kanban-style Agile development.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and responsibility with assignments. This includes gathering and understanding requirements, technical specifications, design, architecture, implementation, unit testing, builds/deployments, and code management.
- Should independently drive and execute complex technical requirements.
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, project scoping, functional reviews, test specifications, technical reviews for assigned projects in an Agile environment.
- Involved in requirements review and participate in architecture/design reviews with an emphasis on test automation/performance strategy and ensuring best practices.
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of design and implementation of Ratings Integrated Data Facility with modern AWS cloud technologies such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Hive, Presto, Kafka and Spark.
- Build and maintain a data environment for speed, accuracy, consistency and 'up' time.
- Ensure data governance principles adopted, data quality checks and data lineage implemented in each hop of the data pipeline.
- Be in tune with emerging Big Data trends and cloud technologies and participate in evaluation of new technologies.
- Ensure compliance through the adoption of enterprise standards and promotion of best practices / guiding principles aligned with organization standards.
- Experience implementing and enforcing security best practices along with knowledge of threat modeling and how to apply it to secure coding.
- Design and develop automation/performance solutions that meet organizational standards and build reliable, reusable and maintainable automated regression suites & test harnesses.
- Create tools and frameworks with quality code to simplify testing scenarios.
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications, execute test cases and analyze and report test results to the teams.
- Work in partnership with the development teams to deliver business functionality on time with required quality that meets the acceptance criteria.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Candidates without Computer Science or Information Technology degree should have significant work experience.
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings .
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
256952 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States