RIA Internal Advisor Consultant
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 18 Oct 18
RIA Internal Advisor Consultant
New York Life Investments (NYLIM), an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, is a top 25 global asset management firm. With more than $500 billion in assets under management, NYLIM is a premier investment management firm serving a variety of client segments including retail, institutional, insurance and defined contribution and benefit on a global basis. New York Life Investments offers a diverse set of investment capabilities ranging from traditional equity and fixed income to alternative investment strategies and multi-asset solutions. Renowned for its premier investment acumen and client focus, NYLIM's vision is to be one of the most trusted providers of investment management expertise and long-term financial security.
The RIA Team has dedicated itself to providing excellent service and support to fiduciary minded clients. The group supports many sub-advisory partnerships across mutual fund, ETFs, and private investments.
The primary role of this individual will be to:
• Prospect. Identify and expand relationships leveraging a predetermined opportunistic sales tactical plan.
• Leverage CRM and available Data to profile existing and prospective clients.
• Act as a partner to Advisor Consultants at a national level: Logistical/informational/material/coordinative support.
• Help create and tailor presentations for various audiences including fund updates, fund positioning, economic overviews, and assorted business building and practice management concepts.
• Coordinate and conduct direct email campaigns in collaboration with Institutional Marketing, Business Intelligence and Technology groups. Designed to drive targeted content to our existing and prospective clients.
• In addition to fielding inbound calls, and request for proposals, participate and or cover any conference calls between clients and our sub-advisors.
• Assist in coordinating national and regional events and conferences, including client on-sites with our NY based asset managers.
• Periodic field travel averaging 20% of time (max. 50% of time) to support our regional and national conferences and custodial partnerships.
• Excellent presentation and organizational skills
• An undergraduate degree is required, concentration in finance or economics preferred
• Series 7 & 66 required
• Strong investment knowledge
• Strong familiarity with computer applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Attention to Detail
• Desire to own client relationships
• Strategic thinker and strong work ethic
• Superior communication, marketing, and sales skills
• Strong organizational bent with ability to multi-task
• Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills
• Deep commitment toward high quality results
• Willingness to embrace and implement process
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.