R&D FPGA Engineer
R&D FPGA Engineer
Millennium Management is a global investment management firm founded in 1989 that manages approximately $38 billion in assets. Millennium has more than 2,800 employees with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Over the last 25+ years, our mission has remained constant: to deliver the alternative investment industry's highest quality returns to our investors, and to maintain a commitment to our principles of integrity, discipline and excellence. What We Do
We employ a global multi-strategy investment approach, opportunistically engaging in a broad array of trading and investing strategies across a wide group of diversified managers. Our specialized divisions have built and continually evolve our core infrastructure platform. This enables our trading teams to independently pursue unique investment strategies within one centrally-driven risk and operational framework. Millennium has differentiated itself from other alternative investment management firms through our consistent ability to generate high quality returns for our investors. Millennium's unique framework has created what we believe to be a sustainable and scalable organization aligned in partnership with our investors. Our dedication to our mission has defined Millennium as an industry leader over our 25-year history. Careers
Our Firm harnesses the entrepreneurial drive of our people, who are critical to the success of the organization. We seek to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the industry. We offer an opportunity for developing your career by working with a leadership team that has years of industry experience across a variety of disciplines. We encourage our personnel to work together in a collegial and collaborative team-based environment. We empower them to act like owners by making decisions based on a combination of rigorous analysis and an open, creative mindset. This enables us to continuously improve our day-to-day activities, and ultimately the Firm as a whole. Job Description
Millennium is seeking a team-oriented individual who can add value to its Equity Technology Research & Development team. It is an exciting opportunity to work in a R&D Lab environment that would allow the individual to research and experiment with current & next generation technology such as heterogeneous computing paradigms, new hardware chips/chipsets, high performance computing, hardware acceleration using FPGA, GPU or other, low-latency stack, etc. The individual will also collaborate with application development and infrastructure teams in reviewing architecture, performance analysis & tuning, prototyping reference implementations, etc. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the R&D and application development teams to research, design, prototype and implement next generation hardware based trading solutions.
- Provide and understand requirements, architectural tradeoffs and develop hardware solutions that maximize system efficiency for performance-critical code handling very large volumes of real-time data at low latencies.
- Develop tools that enable productivity and deployment (automated testing, system performance analysis, high level synthesis, domain specific languages and compilers).
- Hands-on FPGA / ASIC development in professional environment. Experience that covers
- Internals of FPGA chips or ASIC architecture
- Digital logic design, HDL languages (SystemVerilog/Verilog, VHDL)
- Static timing closure and functional verification (Questa / Modelsim),
- Xilinx / Altera FPGA CAD tool flows or Synopsys Design Compiler
- High-level synthesis tools such as openCL/HLS is a plus
- Able to understand architectural technology tradeoffs in complex environments (modern hardware-software stack).
- Background in building low-latency, high-throughput real-time systems in a plus
- Experience in programming with hardware accelerators such as GPU, Xeon Phi or other is a plus
- Required to take ownership and responsibility for significant subsystems.
- Fast learner able to adapt to changing requirements in multitasking environment.