- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Quantitative Risk Analyst, Vice President
Quantitative Risk Analyst, Vice President
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Master's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19009346
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Firm-wide stress testing methodologies are widely used today in Citi's identification and measurement of tail risks to assess potential vulnerabilities and capital adequacy. These are foundational elements used in the firm's risk-return metrics, Board and regulatory reporting, and limit-setting frameworks at both Group/CBNA levels and certain business/geographic segments.
The STRA team is responsible for defining the overall framework and principles of key non-regulatory stress testing methodologies (e.g. GSST and conditional stress loss), as well as risk appetite metrics. Consistent with these principles, the team is responsible for developing risk management applications based on these methodologies (e.g. firm-wide internal stress testing, risk identification, concentration risk, countercyclical limit setting) to quantify and measure key tail risks. The team works closely with partners in Risk, FRI, IT and Finance to implement these solutions and integrate these metrics into key decision making frameworks.
The STRA team is part of the Quantitative Risk and Stress Testing (QRS) group within Citi's risk Management Organization. The QRS group designs and builds methods and models used by the firm to identify and accurate measure our risk taking activities. These include coverage of Market Risk, Counterparty Credit, Wholesale and Retail loan loss reserve and capital, Economic Forecasting, and Risk Capital models.
Examples of projects which the candidate may work on:
- Review risk-return metrics used for Risk Appetite measurement and propose key enhancements
- Estimate the impact of tail risk events (e.g. trade war escalation, interest rate shock) on Citi's P&L through GSST and other stress testing tools
- Develop systematic tools to identify and measure broad range of macro and market imbalances (e.g. excessive credit, asset price overvaluation) for risk identification and scenario design inputs
The candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to a wide range of analytical problems relevant for senior management decision making (RMEC and Board) and regulatory management. The candidate will also work closely with business, risk, and finance managers across different business and geographical areas of the firm to gain a comprehensive view of Citi's businesses.
- Masters degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or a Science field
- 5+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry, preferably in a role that requires superior problem solving, analytical thinking / capabilities, and excellent oral / written communication skills. Fewer years of experience considered with additional advanced degree (s).
- Exceptional writing skills, with ability to synthesize complex concepts and translate into effective presentations to senior audiences
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work under pressure is critical
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on multiple concurrent projects
- Knowledge / ability to code in R or Python is a major advantage
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.