- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join our Model Verification Team.
• The duties of this Quantitative Analyst include:
• Verify and enhance the financial models underlying Moody's credit policies and rating methodologies
• Implementing model testing procedures and developing analytical projects to confirm the ability of financial models to assess credit risk.
• Building financial model prototypes, implement validation procedures, and assist with the implementation of new control processes for rating models and scorecards.
• Support in research and validation projects.
• The position requires collaboration with rating analysts, model development team and research groups.
Analytic and Technology Solutions / Rating Model Group / Model Verification Team
• MS degree in Applied Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, Physics, or Business preferred.
• 0-3 years of overall experience in credit risk modeling - experience in credit derivatives or structured finance a strong plus.
• Working knowledge of 2 of the following technologies: VBA, C++, C#, Matlab, R, Moody's Structured Finance Workstation (SFW)
• Knowledge of SQL a plus.
• Experience in structured finance and cash flow modelling a strong plus
• Working knowledge of Moody's Structured Finance Workstation (SFW) strongly preferred
• Hard working, easy to work with, and willingness to learn new technologies
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.