- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jan 18
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join our modelling team. Our team is responsible for developing all models and scorecards used in the rating process.
- Build and develop complex cash flow models using Moody's fixed income software
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our Rating Agency models and scorecards
- Assisting with ad-hoc quantitative projects to update and improve the rating process (structured finance simulations, macroeconomic projects, etc.).
- Publish research and participate in professional training for the analytical staff
- Perform back-tests and develop analytical projects to confirm the ability of financial models to assess credit risk.
- Assist developers in the creation of models and scorecards
- Act as a key point of contact to provide guidance to rating teams to ensure consistency with rating models and scorecards when appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Mathematical Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Master's degree or PhD is a plus.
- Experience in financial modelling - experience in credit risk, credit derivatives or structured finance a strong plus. Experience may be gained through employment or academic study.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and analyse legal documents on complex financial structures.
- Proficient/expert in Excel and VBA, and other MS Office tools
- Knowledge of SQL, C#.Net, VBA.Net or other programming/scripting languages is a plus
- Understanding of model development including model design and implementation
- Understanding of fixed income; knowledge of structured finance is a plus
- Strong quantitative aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate clearly and succinctly
- High attention to detail with excellent organisational and analytical skills and ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Hard working, easy to work with, and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Fluency in English is essential
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.