Quantitative Analysis, Summer Analyst (North America - 2022)
You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our program equips you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when. Citi's Institutional Clients Group is looking for Summer Analysts to join the Markets and Securities Services: Quantitative Analysis team in NAM. Quantitative Analysis works with institutional clients to provide the technical expertise required in today's sophisticated markets. Quantitative Analysis provides innovative solutions to public sector clients, corporations and financial institutions in more than 120 countries, including 99 of the Fortune Global 100 companies. Your time here will look something like this...
Summer Analysts can expect to build tools and models that assist traders and clients in pricing, hedging and structuring securities, and provide critical information and advice for managing risk across all market trading units. Summer Analysts can also expect to research and analyze market trends for distribution to both internal and external clients. Although the program includes formal training, the heart of the program is a research project. This project allows Summer Analysts to work directly with a research analyst to develop an understanding of a specific segment of the market and contribute to the research produced by the department.
Examples of possible project topics include the following:
* Modeling financial products such as Mortgage-backed Securities
* Researching new financial products
* Designing and back-testing algorithmic trading strategies
* Developing relative value trade ideas Each Summer Analyst is also given the opportunity to shadow multiple trading desks throughout the summer. In this rotation, Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to learn from observing trading professionals who are making markets in derivative instruments for our institutional client base and creating and monitoring risk management systems.
By the end of the Summer Program, participants will have:
* Developed a thorough understanding of financial markets
* Utilized quantitative methods to model market behavior
* Used data science techniques to analyze large-scale market data
* Presented their research to senior management within Markets and Securities Services We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
The Markets Quantitative Analysis (MQA), Citi Research (CR) and Trading departments play vital roles within the Institutional Clients Group because of the insight they provide and the skills they possess. Our industry-leading professionals are thought leaders on complex subjects such as portfolio analysis, electronic execution, derivative modeling and managing portfolio level risk. MQA builds tools and models that assist traders and clients in pricing, hedging and structuring securities, and provide critical information and advice for managing risk across all market trading units. CR provides cutting edge market research and trading recommendations to our global salesforce and our external clients. Trading increasingly relies on quantitative techniques as financial products become more sophisticated and algorithmic trading models identify opportunities across many asset classes. We're committed to teaching you the ropes. Citi's 10-week program starts in June and begins with a one-week, in-depth training program designed to cover the fundamental aspects of MSS: Quantitative Analysis Summer Analyst roles. Summer Analysts will work with industry-leading professionals across our Fixed Income, Currency, Commodity, and Equity franchises. Participants in the Quantitative Analysis track are assigned junior and senior mentors, and attend weekly research seminars which provide an overview of the department and firm. We want to hear from you if...
* You currently maintain a GPA of 3.3 or above
* You are obtaining a Bachelor's or Master's (graduating in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023)
* You have excellent mathematical and/or programming skills
* You communicate clearly and effectively
* You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident or possess other unrestricted U.S. work authorization and will not require sponsorship for U.S. work authorization now or anytime in the future. Who we think will be a great fit...
We're looking for motivated individuals, who are eager to start their careers at a global organization, tend to think globally, and have an innovative outlook on business. We value diversity and so do you.
We'll also be looking for the following:
* Problem solvers who are intellectually curious
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Detail-oriented and hardworking individuals who are confident and comfortable around clients
* Have strong statistical knowledge and mathematical abilities