Quality Engineering Specialist - Custody Technology
Who We Are
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
- Specialist Quality Engineer will not only inject Quality at each and every layer of the application & every step of the SDLC but also help solve some of the most complex automation challenges that impact a lot of business areas. Will play a key role in Shifting Left and enable CI/CD Pipelines. Will also help with constantly improving the efficiency of the Automation Tools and Processes. Will also play a key role in mentoring, training and bridging the specific skill gaps across the Quality Engineering Domain.
- Attends the required Product Backlog Grooming & Planning Meetings to contribute to the Creation of Effective User Stories. Comes up with Comprehensive Regression Suites for Applications & Systems.
- Communicates the same to the QE Team and acts as a Feeder to the Automation Engine.
- Solves Complex Automation Challenges spanning multiple technologies in a scalable & extensible manner with least amount of maintenance.
- Continuously improves the Efficiency of the Automation using innovative technologies & thought process in specific QE Domain Areas.
- Promotes and Implements the Shift Left Approach in close collaboration with the Application Development Teams.
- Plays a key role in training and bridging the specific skill gaps across the Quality Engineering Domain.
- Helps resolves issues detected during testing. Provides QE support to Development, Business and Test teams on internal and external issues. Helps with getting down to the Root Cause of the Issues and works with the Engineering Teams to resolve and Validate the Fixes.
- Ensures Continuous Testing, Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery are enabled for the Apps Automated.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Has experience working within an Agile environment.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required; advanced degree is beneficial.
- Four to eight (4-8) years of experience in a systems quality environment is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: