- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USAWe are looking for a passionate Quality Assurance Engineer to join the data operations efforts in New York and play a key role in the delivery of our award winning analytical platforms used by banks, hedge funds and investor clients globally.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with large sets of data via database queries, have excellent attention to detail and enjoy collaborating with both the stakeholders and software engineers in order to drive the development process forward.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Work with business teams to define acceptance criteria/limits for structured finance data.
- Design, write and execute manual tests via database (SQL) queries.
- Work with other key stakeholders to ensure coverage for each software release.
- Design and assist in implementation of automated tests (e.g. Cucumber, Chimp, Selenium, etc.)
- Coordinate and monitor proper processes are being followed to ensure quality and efficiency
- Oversee quality control of intermediate or final product deliverables
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Analyze test results and provide meaningful reports to project team.
The Content Solutions - Structured division of Moody's Analytics creates award winning software, comprehensive datasets and transparent models for the securitization market. Our platform is widely recognized for its unique abilities to support detailed analysis of the most sophisticated structured debt products. Our clients vary from regional banks to Tier I investment banks to hedge funds who structure, manage, and invest in the structured finance market. Our data content reflects past performance of transactions as well as models of the structural rules (waterfalls) governing them. Our analytic models allow customers to analyse the performance of these securities for pricing, trading, and risk management purposes. Our teams in South San Francisco, New York, London, and Tokyo support over 100 clients globally.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in computer science or a related field
- Proficiency in SQL a must
- Understanding of data warehouse and ETL processes.
- Good understanding of the QA processes, methodologies and Software Testing Lifecycle
- Python, VBA, C#, Java and or scripting experience a plus
- Experience with automated testing tools a plus
- Good understanding of QA testing tools and environments
- Ability to work under pressure handling multiple projects concurrently to meet tight deadlines within the constructs of an agile process, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills to analyze system requirements for ambiguities and discrepancies
- Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop thorough test scenarios and test cases
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.