- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 May 19
The Role: QA Lead
Grade ( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11
The Location: New York, Dallas
The Team: The Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other Technology Functions and the Business to ensure quality delivery of our products. The team works in an Agile environment and is located globally. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for continuously improving customer experience, revenue growth and operations enablement through quick turn-around of development of our products with high quality.
The Impact: As a QA Lead, you will lead in building innovative solutions to test applications across Web/Windows/Mobile platforms. Your challenge will be reducing the "time to market" for products without compromising quality, by leveraging automation and innovation. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different internal teams.
- Design and develop testing strategy based upon project requirements, lead in test cases creation and execution, analyze and report test results to stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with the development teams, participate in sprint planning and development efforts to deliver business functionality on time with required quality.
- Communicate effectively with technology, business stakeholders including non-technical audience and others.
- Research, design and build efficient automation/performance frameworks, including test tools and automated test suites that govern whole development cycle for any of our product platforms.
- Prioritize tasks for a team to ensure critical deliverables are completed on time.
- Analyze quality assurance data and metrics to provide insights, conclusions and solutions for improvement.
- Mentor a team of engineers and provide technical leadership, skill-building and support to team.
- Follows Agile best practices and adheres to the Scrum framework
- Works independently on Agile Scrum ceremonies that help drive strategy
- Is an escalation point to course-correct teams through feedback channels, such as agile metrics
- Focuses on continuous improvement
- Supports the Scrum team by ensuring the framework is fully leveraged
- Is an Agile evangelist
- Communicates risks to upper management and peers
What We're Looking For:
- 8+ years of experience in software testing and test automation/performance, with solid, demonstrable understanding of software development and testing practices.
- 2+ years of experience in leading QA/testing projects and teams
- Expertise in designing and implementing automated testing solutions for enterprise applications across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers) and working with developers in building automation/performance friendly code/components
- Knowledge of RDBMS and SQL/PL-SQL, writing queries, stored procedures and scripts
- Experience of testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model using well known frameworks is desirable
- Expertise in developing test strategy, test plans and test cases, engaging in Exploratory Testing, creating and analyzing Defect Reports and root-cause analysis
- Experience in identifying performance/load/stress testing needs and planning, using testing tools and analysis of metrics
- Experience in performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/Performance Center/StormRunner, JMeter is desireable.
- Experience of working with the Development team to capture and re-use automated unit test cases and other development test objects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience of delivering effective documentation and presentations
- Bachelor's or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.