- New York, NY, USA
- Contract, Full time
- Open Systems Technologies
- 31 Oct 17 2017-10-31
Our client is a major American multinational finance and financial services company, active in the investment banking and management sphere worldwide. They are currently looking for an experienced Python Developer to join their equities team in New York. The equities team is currently developing a next-generation trade processing application, focused on equity swaps. The Python Developer will join the application development team, contributing to application development, testing and deployment, as well as high-level structure – the application is designed to allow accelerated sorting and general processing in an external relational database.
- Code the core Python codebase of the application, connecting it to upstream/downstream trading flows
- Work with respective technical and API teams, as well as infrastructure and UI teams
- Evaluate current processes and develop ways in which the application can further automate existing workflows
- Emphasize the strategic over the expedient and the efficient over the redundant.
- You must have 5 or more years’ experience coding in Python
- Experience working with financial flows, FX/Derivatives or other financial services is a must
- Excellent understanding of high-speed trade processing
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment on cutting-edge applications