Project Manager, IT Project Management Office
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
We are seeking a Project Manager, with responsibility for managing cross-functional teams of IT professionals and product management/business stakeholders on strategic development initiatives. The Project Manager will be the individual ultimately responsible for the delivery of these projects and their successful implementation and adoption.
The Project Manager will support IT development managers, project managers, and technical development staff in London, New York, and Chicago to ensure successful and timely implementation of important global and cross-functional projects for Fitch Ratings. S/he will develop and monitor project plans and will act to secure the required project resources. S/he will define and manage the project scope and monitor progress against clear milestones - developing the necessary contingency plans and associated communication messages as appropriate. The Project Manager will be expected to oversee a portfolio of projects at any one time.
• Scoping, developing and managing plans/schedules/deliverables for multiple or strategic projects
• Ensuring project timelines, activities, resources and budgets are managed appropriately.
• Managing stakeholder expectations and negotiating with project stakeholders to determine most accurate and appropriate definition of project scope and schedule.
• Working closely with information technology, application development, and analytical business units in the interpretation of requirements and the translation into design specifications.
• Working closely with outsource development vendors
• Tracking performance against objectives and developing corrective strategies when objectives are not being met.
• Resolving conflicting priories in scope, schedule and cost for projects among various stakeholder groups.
• Managing the efforts of multiple project teams concurrently.
• Making presentations to senior-level management.
• Development of project reports using BI tools
• Data mining using Qliksense, Agiloft, Jira, Projector, other state-of-the-art methods
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building portfolio, project and financial reports
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis as it relates to PMO reporting
• Performing ad-hoc analysis and creating dashboards that present results in clear manner
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in a mid to large scale business environment, Financial Services background a plus
- Background in financial data products and financial services applications; commercial financial data product and quantitative analytics model development project management a plus
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage projects which span both business and IT disciplines.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to effectively lead cross-functional team discussions
- Excellent management skills with an ability to achieve results in a matrix management environment.
- Ability to translate business needs into IT deliverables
- Strong business planning, organizing, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work across groups and geographies and with all levels of hierarchy.
- Proactive and innovative
- Must be hands-on, with ability to work well as member of a distributed team
- Proficiency with Jira and Projector a plus
- Understand technology and software development methodologies
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp