Project Manager, Event Systems (Contractor)
Bloomberg is where data, people and ideas intersect. Data fuels global financial markets, advises important decisions, and is central to everything we do. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for!
At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers boundless opportunities for career growth. Our Team:
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize opportunities and create impactful, innovative solutions. We deliver integrated and groundbreaking multi-disciplinary programs that gain attention and drive reactions. We use our wealth of data on the markets and our target audiences to inform decisions linked to measurable results.
The Global Event Team is part of Marketing and is responsible for the strategy, planning and management of events for our clients, prospects, influencers and employees. We partner across Marketing and with our internal team members globally to build events that provide our attendees with an enriched and coordinated Bloomberg experience. The power of our data enables us to target the right audience at the right time to achieve the strongest outcomes. The Opportunity:
Bloomberg is looking for a Project Manager, Event Systems to join the Global Event Team. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for shepherding the product feature development of Bloomberg's on-Terminal event systems through completion. Partnering closely with the Product Manager, Event Systems, this role will ensure that development requirements are clearly defined, each sprint is organized and at capacity and key partners stay informed. We will trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Closely collaborate with Product, Engineering and various internal collaborators every day
- Shepherd product feature development through completion by handling the overall timeline, scope, team resources and communication
- Supervise task completion throughout each sprint and communicate progress to Event Team leadership and other internal partners
- Ensure development requirements are clearly defined, focused on Minimum Viable Product (MVP) development, and realistically sized to align with target release dates
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Product Manager, Event Systems
- Help launch new features, improvements, integrations and migrations
- Coordinate scrum rituals - daily standups, ticket grooming, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospectives
- Manage changes in scope or priority
- Act as a global event systems super user and administrator - centrally governing system access as well as the dissemination of event data in line with company-wide policy
- Document and communicate development dependencies to unblock engineering when necessary and as quickly as possible
- Measure project and team performance to identify areas for improvement and resolve where the agile methodology can be used most optimally
- Proactively communicate schedules, dependencies, issues, and risks across teams and to internal and external partners in a timely manner
- Lead general team and project documentation
- Be a problem solver, not a problem identifier
Does this sound like you?
- Minimum 2 years of agile project management experience (Scrum Master certification a plus)
- Track record of successful collaboration with product and engineering teams across multiple projects
- Experience using project management software - ticket systems (JIRA), Gantt charts (Smartsheet) and documentation management (Confluence)
- Knowledge of software and systems development processes
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively across all levels of the organization, including executive leadership
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills - willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to learn quickly and operate autonomously in a large, fast-paced, and unpredictable environment.
- UI/UX - knowledge of customer/attendee journey mapping and experience design
- Tech savvy: You always have your finger on the pulse of latest technology & competitive trends
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.