Our client, a global investment bank, is seeking a Project Manager for their midtown Manhattan location.
• Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience, with at least 4 years in a business analyst and/or project management role.
• Finance industry experience also required.
• Position will provide project/portfolio management support to the Investment Management Finance department.
Responsibilities will likely include:
• Proficiency in all phases of the Project Management Lifecycle
• Knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge standards
• Knowledge of AGILE methodologies
• Responsible for end-to-end coordination/management of projects (initiation, planning, managing project plan, tracking issues, etc.)
• Set up and manage appropriate meetings, coordinate communication among stakeholders
• Develop a deep understanding of the existing business processes, supporting computer applications impacted by the projects which they are assigned and cross department interactions.
• Liaison with the business area(s) in their interaction with IT and others within the Project Management Office in support of work requests and approved projects.
• Work with business leads and SMEs to understand and document current state, the challenges that exist within the operational infrastructure, including identification of business and technical gaps.
• Provide analyses, identify and document requirements in support of the business area's project activities.
• Prepare comprehensive future state documentation for business processes.
• Elicit and document business requirements and visual models that communicate what must occur to realize future state.
• Review and approve functional design definitions such as Application Requirements (AR) deliverables to ensure business requirements are being met.
• Prepare for, lead and/or participate in status team meeting sessions as required for the project.
• Participate in vendor selection or evaluation processes where applicable; including preparing RFI/RFP deliverables, coordinating demonstrations, coordinating feedback and results prepare resulting documentation, etc.
• Act as primary point of contact for the project team during development to clarify business requirements, resolve issues, and make recommendations as needed where business impacts may arise.
• Support user acceptance testing via test planning and developing and executing test scenarios and/or test scripts.
• Support user training and rollout as necessary to ensure effective adoption and utilization of the solution.
Project and portfolio reporting / Factors for success:
• Report on all projects within the portfolio on a regular basis - work with project owners to report on status (issues/risks, milestones, deliverables, key decisions, etc.)
• Prepare portfolio-level reports for management (exception reports, project metrics, etc.)
• Minimum of four years of full life cycle business analysis experience including working independently on large, complex projects that deliver or enhance production software systems.
• Able to analyze complex business system requirements in a wide range of functional areas and to work with others to develop solutions.
• Exceptionally strong ability to communicate in writing and verbally on both business and technical subjects with all levels of management; possesses strong interview and meeting facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to earn the respect and confidence of others. Able to function as team lead on almost any project, regardless of size or complexity. Able to mentor other less experienced business analysts.
• Able to independently coordinate many diverse and complex activities to accomplish a goal. Able to develop new formats as needed, for presenting data to drive understanding and decision making.
• Has thorough understanding of system development life cycle and is capable of backing up project manager as needed.
• Conduct cost/benefit analyses for critical projects
• Assist management with preparations for presentations
• Work with senior management to define business and portfolio strategy Why Consider a Contract/Temp Role?
Visit us at www.phytontalent.com for more information. Phyton Talent Advisors is a proud winner of the Inavero's 2017 Best of Staffing® Client Award & Named by Forbes as One of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms
- Get a foot in the door while evaluating your fit with an employer
- Fill in the "gap" while you continue to look for a permanent role
- Build your resume by developing new skills, experiences & references
- Some companies only use professional recruiting firms to fill jobs
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, by choice, Phyton Talent Advisors will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.