- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology works with large scale databases such as DB2 and SQL Server, proprietary and non-proprietary messaging software, a broad variety of vendor products, numerous financial exchanges and regulatory entities, and programming languages ranging from .Net and Java to Cobol and VB.Net.
The Wealth Management and Investment Management Cybersecurity Team require an experienced technologist with a strong cybersecurity background to support the design, development and deployment of secure applications and systems and the training and development of the application developer workforce in secure development best practices.
In this position, the selectee will:
- Evaluate the end-to-end Secure Software Development Life Cycle and implement new technologies, tooling, training, and controls to improve the overall security of WM and IM applications and systems.
- Contribute to the evaluation of new vendor products, architectural designs, implementation plans, and overall standards to ensure that cybersecurity risk is considered in decision making and implementation.
- Support client-facing authentication by testing and evaluating new authentication factors including biometrics, behavioral analysis tools, secure protocols, and methods of secure delegated access.
- Contribute to the training and awareness of the overall WM and IM application developer workforce by engaging on key cybersecurity topics .
An ideal candidate:
- Extensive experience in secure software development, secure network design, penetration testing, and ethical hacking.
- Practitioner-level experience in both offensive and defensive cyber operations
- System administrator experience
- The ability to work independently and in teams
- The ability to communicate with both technologists and non-technologists on technical cybersecurity topics