- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Aug 18
Project Governance, Middle Office Operations, CIG – Asset Management
An opportunity to join the Credit Investment Group Middle Office team (CIG MO). The CIG MO is seeking an AVP to work within the CIG MO and directly with the CIG Front Office (CIG FO). CIG is one of the largest non-investment grade credit managers in the US and Western Europe and an integral part of CSAM's investment platform. CIG invests in diversified portfolios of non-investment grade credit strategies with a focus on senior secured loans, high yield and CLO bonds. CIG has surpassed the USD 50 Billion AUM mark and has maintained its position as the largest manager of US Collateral Loan Obligation (CLO) assets by AUM. 2018 is the second time that CIG has won the highly coveted Creditflux Manager of the Year title among other related awards.
The CIG MO directly supports the CIG FO in the US and UK and sits within the same physical information barriers. CIG MO is divided into three main functions; Fund Administration, Settlements and Management Reporting. CIG MO supports all of the investment activities performed by the CIG FO/Investment Team related directly to the various types of credit portfolios they manage.
This MO Governance role will in part be a bridge with the FO and MO as well as lead projects and organize communications and controls within the MO and across numerous internal and FO teams. You will help evaluate, develop and implement strategic initiatives, including projects related to target operating models and organization design & governance. This role provides the opportunity to work with CIG senior management, subject matter authorities (SMAs) and collaborate with business partners across Asset Management (AM) and corporate functions.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will partner with CIG and AM management to provide effective MO Governance across its US and UK platforms.
- You are responsible for the regular collation, analysis and new implementations of MO Governance issues and reporting to senior managers.
- You will engage with contributors across all CIG and CSAM functions, business divisions, and other support functions as needed.
- You will develop, compile and maintain a robust MO Operational Manual that is used for training and day to day support of the organization.
- You will lead special and ad hoc projects with a focus on non-portfolio specific objectives. This includes following up with SMEs, documenting processes and final deliverables and communicating results. You will drive the targeted engagement with these persons and teams on agreed priorities.
- You will assist in evaluating and implementing target operating model, business deep dives and organization efficiencies.
- You will support senior management and contribute to project management of global strategic planning development and tracking across plan for CIG MO globally.
- You will structure analysis for complex problems and assist in articulation of business case for strategic initiatives.
- Ensuring implementation of governance framework across the US and UK locations.
- Strengthening the MO governance process by analyzing existing structure/process to identify possible points of improvement and integration. Further the role will be tasked with collecting a holistic analysis with forward-looking views highlighting emerging risk controls for the MO.
- You will prepare documents for these priorities and processes.
- Some responsibilities include maintaining meeting procedure documents, drafting meeting minutes, and handling meeting logistics.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent education
- You have experience in the financial sector and/or project and governance within larger organizations preferred
- You are an enthusiastic problem solver, who can challenge the status quo, and can adapt constructively to a change environment
- You possess a can-do attitude, strong analytical skills and the ability to identify issues and propose creative and effective solutions while effectively raising where necessary
- You are a strong self-motivated person with an entrepreneurial and creative hands-on approach to enable change
- You have good communication skills, able to negotiate and network effectively on all interpersonal levels
- You have high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- You can handle multiple priorities with demonstrated success in delivering to established timelines and to high quality standards
- You are able to work independently
- You have solid knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and effective writing skills
- You offer some experience in metrics reporting and project/change management helpful