Project Finance - Power & Infrastructure, Analyst
Project Finance - Power & Infrastructure, Analyst Summary:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote, originate, structure, engineer, and execute non-recourse project finance transactions in the Power & Infrastructure sector.
- Leverage relationships with top & mid-tier developers/sponsors as well as ECAss, multi-laterals and development banks to exploit opportunities in the Power & Infrastructure space.
- Responsibility for marketing, structuring in the context of Mizuho's risk and credit policies, sector research, and execution functions.
- Sell Mizuho's financial products, eg derivatives, DCM as a Relationship Manager.
- Communicate and partner with other divisions and groups within Mizuho, especially the Syndicated Finance Unit and the Credit Division, and also with Mizuho offices worldwide including Sao Paulo, Mexico City, Bogota, Tokyo, and other offices.
Independently perform the above function. The assignment will involve: preparation of marketing materials and proposals, calling on clients, attending bank meetings, making presentations, negotiating for mandates, reviewing legal documents and negotiating with clients, structuring transactions, research work, analysis of existing or potential transactions and/or industries, analyzing various risks and preparing credit applications and the development of cash flow models. Origination of transactions and client service are of greatest importance. Specific duties include:
- Assist in implementation of business plans. Assist in direct marketing calls on clients.
- Help originate new opportunities for project finance arranging, advising and lending opportunities as well as obtain mandates and/or execute non-recourse and limited recourse project finance transactions.
- Contribute to structuring of competitive finance solutions including commercial, ECA, multi-lateral and capital markets solutions.
- Perform the necessary research and analytics (including financial statement analysis and cash flow modeling) required for the above.
- Perform execution of arranger, agent and FA work.
- Prepare credit applications and other internal documents as well as obtain appropriate internal approval for the group to develop Power & Infrastructure sector project finance transactions.
- Cross-sell other Mizuho financial services, including, but not limited to: Deposits, Derivatives, debt capital markets products and others.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the group's overall business plan.
- Collaborate with the team members to execute the business strategy for Power & Infrastructure client accounts.
- Prepare marketing materials, credit applications, models, and review legal documents.
- Assist team members on internal administrative matters.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- BA, BS or equivalent degree with a strong quantitative background, or other relevant work experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in Project Finance or related industry work.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative to achieve superior results.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.