Project Finance - Portfolio Management, Vice President
Responsible for autonomous oversight for an assigned portfolio of complex Project Finance transactions with a mix of agency, bilateral and participated accounts covering thermal power, renewable power, infrastructure, oil & gas and mining industries. Duties include performing agency services and conducting independent analysis of credits, contracts, cash flow and budgets for the purpose of recommending approval, denial or alternate structure while addressing to Management and any credit deviations or concerns. Also, prepare various internal and external reports in adherence of internal policies and procedures. In addition, prepare for and respond to internal and external audits. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the action of the lenders as agent in accordance with the financing agreements
- Keep accurate and secured operation with all work completed timely and accurately with proper supervision
- Provide good service to the customer and lenders as agent
- Control conditions precedent, drawdowns and repayments of the assigned transactions
- Coordinate the lenders' action for amendment, waver or consent requests.
- Distribute required information and/or reports of such agent transactions to each participant
- Take prompt action upon request from the participants
- Perform agent duties that require active communication with the sponsor, participants, lawyers, consultants and related parties
- Coordinate the action as directed by lender group for distressed transactions (restructuring and/or workout)
- Monitor, analyze, and report to Credit and Management of any changes to credit structure
- Prepare amendment and waiver requests upon analyzing the credit impact on the transaction
- Provide on-going monitoring of transactions and adjust credit ratings when necessary
- Perform credit rating reviews and other periodic internal reporting requirements in accordance with credit policy and procedures
- Provide prompt reporting to Management of any adverse changes
- Interact and maintain relationships with Agent banks and Borrowers
- Coordinate loan administrative matters with the back office
- Support Origination as required
- Maintain credit files, financial files, legal documents and other relevant information
- Complete Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence and Customer onboarding requirements
- Follow-up with pending items on the Provisional List, Covenant Checklist and other internal portfolio management tracking systems
- Interact and coordinate administrative matters with other departments
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements or Experience:
- Support Management with Ad-hoc requests
- Visit sites and attend bank meetings (domestic and international) as needed
- Work overtime or during weekend when workload is heavy
- Eligible to work in the US
- Undergraduate degree required in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration; Advanced degree preferred
- 7 or more years experience with a major financial institution covering Agency Services or Portfolio Management for Project Finance transactions
- Ability to analyze credits, contracts, cash flow models and deal structures
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Advanced PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Spanish bilingual language skills preferred
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.