Project Coordinator & Banking Operations Specialist
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Nov 17 2017-11-14
Provide support and assistant to various projects and initiatives specific to GS-BO New York, under direction of the Head of Group Services – Banking Operations New York. In addition, support any additional ad hoc projects across the department as needed. Acting as a back-up/floater across all Group-Services Banking Operations teams (Payments Services, Investigations & Compensation, and Account Support, Compliance Verification) when and where extended coverage is needed due to business volumes and demand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Support Head of Group Services – Banking Operations New York as well as all Group Services-Banking Operations’ Management team with a variety of product/project support including, but not limited to:
- Assist with product delivery of Funds Transfer, ACH, Lockbox and Remote Deposit Capture services.
- Assist with day-to-day operational support of Commerzbank customer demand deposit accounts.
- Prepare department statistical reports for payment volumes and dollar amounts.
- Provide support on both small and large project initiatives as requested.
Group Services- Banking Operations Back-Up/Floater Responsibilities
Act as a back-up/floater to all Group Services-Banking Operations teams when and where needed. Depending on the service area requiring support, responsibilities may include:
- Investigations & Compensation: Responsible for the efficient and accurate handling of all inquiries and compensations associated with USD and Foreign Currency payment transactions.
- Payments Services: Responsible for the efficient and accurate processing of all incoming and outgoing payments in a high volume, deadline specific environment
- Account Support: Responsible for providing to the bank’s customers demand deposit account (DDA) operational and processing support with respect corporate cash management products such as wire transfers, check deposits (lockbox), check clearing and ACH
- Compliance Verification: Perform first-level review/annotation of payment messages using the sanctions monitoring filter following guidelines published by GM-CO Sanctions.
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as required.
- BA/BS in associated field (Business Administration, Economics or Statistics). Related course work in Information Systems is a plus.
- 1-3 years experience working in Banking Operations with positive work/internship experience in a business environment.
- Product technical knowledge of payments processing, i.e. expertise with SWIFT formats, CHIPS processing, Fedwire payments, Check clearing/deposits and international payments.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word and Excel).
Client/ Business Orientation:
- Provide good customer service to all customers with quick and accurate results and solutions.
- Determining and understanding customer’s needs in order to solve their requests
Creating and delivering solutions:
- Delivering the correct course of action in solving customer problems in a timely fashion.
- Working with co-workers and other bank employees as a team player
- MS Office - medium level of functionality in Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong initiative, self motivated and good work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to interface with a varied group of internal departments, branches and affiliates.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and work with limited supervision.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new tasks as required.
- Familiarity with knowledge of US interbank compensation rules (IFSA) and ability to interpret compensation rules from other countries.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. This document is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required by the incumbents. Job responsibilities are subject to change, with or without notice. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities at any time at the Firm’s total discretion.
This document does not constitute a contract of employment with you of any kind, express or implied for any duration, or with respect to any of its stated or omitted terms. As described in the Firm’s employee handbook, the Firm reserves the right to terminate your employment with or without cause, notice or reason at any time at its sole discretion.