- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Jan 18
Location: New York, NY, USALooking to hire a Program Manager to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for MA's Content Solutions group. You will be tasked with managing programs to support groups strategic direction. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program and team management. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Major work responsibilities
- Project lifecycle management - assist with project / iteration planning, requirement elicitation, sizing, estimation to implementation
- Development stream lifecycle - Lead project sizing and estimation, scheduling, backlog grooming, bi-weekly show and tell, project closure activities
- Development Readiness - Help product owner to make the product backlog healthy and help get it ready for the next iteration / release
- Scrum - facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings . Identify and help mitigate road blocks.
- Rally Management - Track progress and keep information current, identify outliers and forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration / release, which is based on evidence in Rally
- Plan and Co-ordinate software release roll out
- Responsible for tracking portfolio of projects and prepare summary reports
- Project reporting - should be able to make various types of reports, based on level of stakeholder and need e.g. compare to original plan, current status, reasons of delay, how to turnaround etc..
- Set agenda, identify stakeholders, set meetings, encourage participation and forge consensus
- Assist in project plans - schedule, resource, budgets
- Identify risk and suggest mitigation and track to closure
- Ownership of project - be able to drive to completion without direct control of resources
- Ability to take and understand the commitment to deliver product on time and under budget
- Network and influence peer groups to achieve desired result
- Excellent at oral and written communication with the ability to lead meetings with senior stakeholders
- Attention to detail, rigorous follow up
- Collaborative and respectful, but able to assert and escalate, where needed
Content Solutions Group
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Experience with Excel and scripting of Excel macros
- Dashboard and Report creation experience at program & project level
- Proven experience in Stakeholder Management, Negotiation & Communication
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree from a reputed school
- Experience working with Rally is a Plus
- Experience working with QA, Infra team, Build/Release (DevOps) is a Plus
- Financial services experience is a Plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.