Project manager will be required to manage specific Projects and oversee the successful delivery of change. The role requires the effective co-ordination of the projects and management of constituent inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. The role includes the co-ordination of the new capabilities for the business to enable effective change and realization of projected benefits.
The role requires the candidate to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational / coordination skills, and strong analysis skills. The successful candidate will be process oriented and have a thorough understanding of product development lifecycle. Ideally, the candidate should have prior exposure to large system projects, system changes and multiple software development delivery methodologies. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast paced environment and be flexible to adapt to changes.
The candidate will work closely with other Project Managers, Technology (Dev/QA/Infrastructure teams), Product, Business Development teams and Operations in order to deliver projects and system changes. The candidate will be expected to work with teams in US, UK and India. Duties & Accountabilities
Education & Experience
- Act as project manager on the range of platforms
- Follow/develop/enhance governance arrangements, in line with the corporate standards
- Partner closely with business partners to analyze/initiate new projects
- Provide transparency of project execution
- Managing the Project budgets and dealing with variation
- Ensuring that the delivery of outcomes from the Projects are to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget
- Ensuring that there is allocation of resources and skills
- Work alongside the senior management team to plan and track strategic road maps giving direction and challenging when needed
- Managing the communications with all Project stakeholders (internal/external)
- Managing Project risks
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps are identified or issues arise
- Proven experience as project manager
- Experience managing delivery of projects into complex platform environments
- Prior involvement in major, multi geography portfolios of change
- Knowledge of a variety of software development lifecycle approaches
- Competence in liaising with Business Development, Technology, Project Managers, Programme Managers and other stakeholders
- Able to facilitate meetings where required and ensure decisions/actions are captured, communicated and tracked
- Take ownership of the program of work, ensuring process, infrastructure and communication mechanisms are maintained
- Provide constructive challenge to senior management on change proposals
- Spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide a decisive response to significant delivery challenges
- Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value - give people space to think creatively
- Push decision making to the right level within their teams, not allow unnecessary bureaucracy and structure to suppress innovation and delivery
What We Offer
- Identify the main issues in complex problems; clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations; provide options/resolutions
- Be visible to staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people involved in area of work
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactively enhance and improve existing / new processes
- Support drive for efficiency/effectiveness
- Proactively identify, mitigate and communicate / escalate project issues
- Able to progress multiple tasks at the same time
- Highly structured and organized, able to be pragmatic and implement point solutions to aid delivery
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally. Will be dealing with a variety of different people at all levels (both internal and external)
- Provide output that provides clear conclusions tailored to the audience
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Able to build consensus/alignment on objectives
- Obtain information from contributors to required deadlines and quality
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $71,318. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.