- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Product Strategist – Assistant Director
Location: New York, NY, USAJob Summary:
We are seeking a creative and web-savvy content strategist to join our Content Solutions team to support Moody's world class ratings, research and data content offering and website. This position will help optimize content discovery and classification in support of our "right content, right place, right time" guiding principle.
We're looking for a content strategist who can shape and support Moody's comprehensive taxonomies and ontologies to ensure an intuitive delivery of content that addresses client evolving needs and changing consumption patterns. In this capacity, you will have the opportunity to support client facing strategies that impact navigation, on-line recommendations, and on-site search to create an optimal user experience for our customers.
The role will be part of the product strategy team, but the strategist will work very closely with platform strategy, product engineering, business analyst and project management teams as well as upstream data and content creation system teams. Close collaboration with creative design, web production teams including user-experience, information architecture will be a critical component of the work.
Essential Job Functions
- Strategy and Innovation: serve as a taxonomy, metadata, and ontology subject matter expert that contributes expertise to define and implement new business opportunities to keep Moody's web based delivery of content up-to-date with market best practices; bridge the gap between practice and theory as well as business and technology and explain concepts in lay person terms.
- Efficiency and Alignment: ensure alignment and efficiency across upstream and downstream technical teams to implement solutions that require metadata and taxonomy changes. Provide metadata support for product initiatives and enhancements.
- Taxonomy Governance: stand up a governing body and be a lead to ensure best practices and standards are followed amongst various products, teams and systems. Provide a consistent experience to users of our products, analyze and work through the business and system impact when introducing taxonomy and related changes.
- Content Delivery:
- Ensure that the categorization and display of content (existing and new) delivers an optimal user experience for customers, including search and navigation, access and distribution.
- Partner with content creation, operational and governance teams upstream and content technology, web platform and design teams downstream for the implementation of product enhancements and solutions.
- Maintain and optimize the delivery of Moody's--- content across its various delivery channels by making enhancements to the existing taxonomies, metadata and classification schema.
- Assist with content taxonomy and categorization build-out efforts, including development, deployment, and maintenance to improve product findability and user experience for Moody's Analytics customers
- Interact with internal stakeholders, including product managers, business analysts and technical teams to ensure that the taxonomies being built meet end-user needs
- Ability to project manage tagging/taxonomical driven projects, stakeholders and deadlines
- Serve as a taxonomy and tagging expert to improve internal and external content classification structures as well as the processes used to build and maintain our taxonomies
- Provide market best practices and necessary knowledge to identifies world class solutions to improve Moody's customers experience and content interactions
BS degree in Library and Information Studies (MLIS) or equivalent experience with language-oriented, technical/scientific or communications discipline. Master's degree in Library or Information Science, Linguistics, or equivalent professional experience is highly desired but not required.
Proficient in MS Excel, coupled with strong technical aptitude. Familiarity with data manipulation either through classical relational structures, document oriented databases or 'big data' style NOSQL storage/Apache Solr a plus.
5-7 years of experience developing and managing web based content, controlled vocabularies, taxonomies, metadata and classification schema, online search technology, insights research or related field ideally for a client-facing application
Desired Skills & Experience
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, creative and structured thinker
- Experience with client-facing website
- A solid understanding of metadata, subject classification, and content organization
- Experience creating, implementing, and maintaining taxonomies and its relationship to search and presentation schema
- Ability to balance business requirements with end-user needs in the development and growth of system taxonomies
- Ability to work well with team members across multiple functions (engineering, content, user experience)
- Strong teamwork and excellent communication skills, able to work with and influence key partners in a global business
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.