Product Specialist Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
New York City The Team/Impact:
This role sits within Global Business, Transaction and Product Management team and is responsible for providing support to Sales in an effort to drive client engagement and operationalize new product development and extend existing products. The role is also responsible for working with the Commercial, Technology, Data and Operations groups from within organization to ensure that business processes and their supporting components are designed, implemented and managed consistently and to the highest standards. This role reports to the regional manager in Product Solutions for the practice. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 to $127,700. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Actively participates to support senior members of the team in Product Solutions activities
- Meet with clients (e.g. Issuers, Investors, Intermediaries) to understand how to leverage S&P core competencies to develop solutions. Use Salesforce as central feedback repository
- Manage Issuer Portals platform and workflow tools used by clients. Define business value, prioritize changes, and champion usage amongst internal and external users. Demonstrate value to clients, understand and action on feedback to iterate into enhancements to the platform
- Develop and deliver Sales tools to support Innovation revenue goal (e.g. Translate feedback into new products or extensions, publish talking points on industry trends, infographics, explainer videos)
- Collaborate with Sales to ideate and properly position solutions
- Partner with external and internal business groups (e.g. MI, Broadcast studios, Data, IT, Operations, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Analysts) to ensure delivery and proper governance of new solutions
- Understand market regulations to develop appropriate client solutions and educate outreach to affected clients
- Attend trade events to understand changes in credit markets and growing client needs
- Use metrics and technology to help drive sales activity through the identification and qualification of sales opportunities among individuals and firms in S&P Global Ratings' target markets
- Supports user training on operational changes, including changes to systems and processes
About S&P Global Ratings
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in sales support of client facing division (preferably in B2B sales in the financial services industry)
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong business analyst and data skills
- Experience with working on an operational level as well as communicating with impact to senior management level
- Sense of urgency and customer service orientation
- Team player attitude and approach
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office skills a strong requirement
- Knowledge of S&P's business and customers preferred
- Salesforce skills a plus
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings . Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
260945 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States