Product Solutions Specialist
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
Product Solutions Specialist
The Job: Global Product Solutions-Associate Director
The Location: New York
The Role: This role sits within Global Business, Transaction and Product Management team and is responsible for providing support to Sales in an effort to drive client engagement and operationalize new product development and extend existing products. The role is also responsible for working with the Commercial, Technology, Data and Operations groups from within organization to ensure that business processes and their supporting components are designed, implemented and managed consistently and to the highest standards. This role reports to the Head of Product Solutions for the practice.
- Actively participates to support senior members of the team in Product Solutions activities.
- Meet with clients (e.g. Issuers, Investors, Intermediaries) to understand how to leverage S&P core competencies to develop solutions. Use Salesforce as central feedback repository.
- Develop and deliver Sales tools to support Innovation revenue goal (e.g. Translate feedback into new products or extensions, publish talking points on industry trends, infographics, explainer videos).
- Collaborate with Sales to ideate and properly position solutions
- Partner with external and internal business groups (e.g. MI, Broadcast studios, Data, IT, Operations, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Analysts) to ensure delivery and proper governance of new solutions.
- Understand market regulations to develop appropriate client solutions and educate outreach to affected clients.
- Attend trade events to understand changes in credit markets.
- Help drive sales activity through the identification and qualification of sales opportunities among individuals and firms in S&P Global Ratings' target markets
- Identify levers for accelerating revenue growth across teams, territories, and account types, including identification of new and missed deal opportunities
- Supports user training on operational changes, including changes to systems and processes
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in sales support of client facing division (preferably in B2B sales in the financial services industry)
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong business analyst and data skills
- Experience to work on an operational level as well as to communicate with impact to senior management level
- Sense for urgency and customer service orientation
- Team player attitude and approach
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office skills a strong requirement
- Knowledge of S&P's business and customers preferred
- QlikView and Microsoft Access skills a plus
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.