Product Sales Specialist
JobDescription : The Team:
This role sits within the Global Business, Transaction and Product Management (BTPM) team and reports to the Global Head of Product Solutions. What the Hiring Manager Says:
"The successful candidate will have broad experience in financial services as well as in-depth knowledge and background in the Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) market. In addition, they will have comprehensive and in-depth 'hunter style' sales experience in an effort to effectively prospect and close deals. In partnership with lead sales representatives, they will be focused on new ESG sales within existing client accounts as well as prospecting for new customer relationships and opportunities across all segments of the S&P client base. In collaboration with lead sales representatives, the product specialist role will be responsible for all stages of the sales life cycle, from generating leads and prospecting through negotiating pricing and closing of deals. They will also need to train the global sales team on value proposition of ESG offering to promote more autonomous and independent sales outreach in the future. Upon sales reps becoming competent in ESG sales engagement and management, they will transition to manage and develop the sales strategy and approach to other enterprise wide strategic products (e.g. Cyber, Supply Chain, etc.) Lastly, a successful candidate will proactively work with the Market Outreach team to generate investor demand, through investment criteria that reference our ESG Evaluations." Responsibilities:
- Leverage ESG expertise to become an internally and externally recognized expert on ESG topics and the S&P Ratings ESG product suite.
- Define and execute a sales approach and strategy for defined client opportunities in partnership with lead sales representative. Lead presentation and overall sales approach in respect towards ESG opportunities.
- Meet and surpass annual sales target. Target will be aligned with ESG targets of lead sales reps.
- Analyze a large territory and identify key ES and G prospecting opportunities.
- Partner with marketing team to drive ESG demand via effective and intelligent marketing collateral and sales content specific to ESG.
- Role model to sales team; sales approach and communication of ESG value statements in an effective way that serves as benchmark to close ESG opportunities.
- Communication of market developments and changes in competitive landscape.
- Understanding of larger S&P Global product suite and capabilities to recognize cross-selling opportunities and demonstrate product knowledge.
- Enhance the reputation of S&P's through ensuring professional proactive engagement with the market which will beneficially impact our external stakeholders' view of the value we add to the global ratings market.
What we're looking for: Basic Qualifications:
- Identification of relevant stakeholders and ensuring that relevant details remain current
- Executes on meaningful engagement with key stakeholders
- Commercial opportunities/product ideas generated
- Works cross functionally with our Analytical team to refine product
- Overall satisfaction level of client surveys
- Specific feedback from portfolio of stakeholders
About S&P Global Ratings
- 7+ years of industry knowledge and regional market (i.e. latest trends in ESG/issues in the market)
- Comfortable with extensive travel
- Has working knowledge of relevant analytical criteria including ratings, green evaluations, ESG etc.
- An understanding of S&P business and products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to connect and communicate with all (commercial and analytical) levels internally within an organization as well as externally at a senior level
- Must be able to manage workload across multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivating, take the initiative and personal responsibility to, for example, create ongoing relationships with their stakeholder portfolio
- Effective team worker who readily shares market intelligence and experience amongst the group
- Influence and advise management on necessary changes and execute against the portfolio and set plan
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and ability to adapt to global environment
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.